Nice Photos

Nice read. Thanks for sharing Graeme.

Thanks for sharing your journeys and all the wonderful pictures. God Bless.

@William @Count.d @bnc1863

Thanks very much gents.

G

Spent a week on the Isle of Harris in November. Never been before but I shall go again. This is Luskentyre beach, an iconic location for landscapes. A two minute exposure.

61 Likes

Nicely taken!

1 Like

Great photo. Where is the Isle of Harris?

Thanks Pete. It’s the Outer Hebrides, Scotland. Actually, the Isles of Harris and Lewis are one land mass and I’m not sure why the southern bit is Harris and the northern bit is Lewis. I flew to Stornoway from Glasgow and Harris is a 90 minute drive. It’s probably to do with clans or something and certainly the Harris landscape is different to Lewis to my mind. Harris Tweed comes from Harris.

3 Likes

As long as it’s not as dangerous as Shetland way too many murders there. :grin:

11 Likes

I know what you mean. Saw the last episode of latest season last night. Harris would be a great location for a tweed suited cop with a whiskey problem. Morse meets Miss Marple!

1 Like

I heard it was climate change … oceans are sinking apparently.

1 Like

That’s quite good!:wink:

1 Like

Gorgeous. Is it film?

1 Like

No but the Fuji GFX sensor and processing engine can be film like. I suspect the long exposure has something to do with it

3 Likes

I expect to see a lorry laden with pilfered whisky tearing across the sand at any moment!

2 Likes

Very nice shot - good tripod !?

1 Like

GFX is truly mind blowing at times. HB type photos

1 Like

Awesome, as always, Biggles.

1 Like

Flashback to my childhood.

Not sure whiskey was ever seen as a problem back then.

6 Likes

Brilliant

It’s a Gitzo with an Arca Swiss ball head. I broke the Gitzo head in Iceland. Ouch!