Nice Photos

3 small children… Got to make the effort lol

12 Likes

Was too polite to say…

You could have asked an AI service for a reaction?

2 Likes

Stranger Things

Odd skies tonight from our bedroom window. Don’t remember having seen the like before…

28 Likes

Nacreous clouds I think.

G

2 Likes

Yep, looked them up myself. Quite spectacular and something of a surprise!

1 Like

Got it more like we saw it, having dialled down the EV for originals…

6 Likes

Lovely shots Jamie. We’ve had the same up here over the last two evenings but sadly, being at work meant I only had my phone - which failed to capture the true spectacle. Other folk got some great shots though, posted on our local Facebook group.

Yep, not surprised. Surprisingly difficult to take pics of. Very high up, bright and strangely ethereal. Really hard to focus too, as there wasn’t really anything to focus on!

1 Like

Saw a beauty at 8:15 this morning, but from a moving car.

G

1 Like

AI image? If so, should be on a separate thread, perhaps.

1 Like

Aliens :alien:

Visited Elk Island in northern Alberta yesterday. I didn’t see any Elk but did spot a few Bison.

14 Likes

Rainbow clouds ,quite rare apparently
Phone camera doesn’t do it justice

27 Likes

Happy Christmas!

G

32 Likes

Having never seen them before, Nacreous clouds have been seen for several days up here now, though being at work, I was not able to get any decent shots. Luckily, after yesterday’s snowy then wet weather, this morning dawned relatively clear - and there they were again.

They were visible for perhaps 30 minutes and kept morphing into different shapes and colours. Nature at her finest.

Cheers,

Ian

27 Likes

We’ve not seen them again since the other day which was a first for me too. Bloody tricky to take pics off aren’t they?!

I reckon it’s a portent…

2 Likes

As you can see in the night sky, Santa is on his way.

He’s just waiting for his CAS to join him when flying over Ruislip…

11 Likes

Yep, manual focus needed. It was also very windy, just to make things even trickier!

Christmas Eve hike to the local mountain(s). Nice to be in sunshine above the clouds.

Courmes - Pic Courmettes (1248m) - saddle - Puy de Tourrettes (1270m) - Courmes.

Appetite well enhanced ahead of feasting to come…

23 Likes