Nice Photos

Nice moustache.

Not A Problem… :crazy_face:

I had to look the history up. The loco is (for me…) too old or obscure for me to know anything about it…!

1 Like

I’m in a similar position to you, I was 8 months old when the loco was withdrawn! but have an interest in the L&Y, The Midland and the North Eastern Railway, especially the Midland, who built the line where I grew up at Normanton, West Yorks, now sadly reduced to just a double track secondary line, from being a main line station with extensive goods yards and motive power depot.

I do have this shed plate, from the old depot, although what it was attached to in the past, haven’t a clue.

I will have to pop down and visit the Great Central, please keep posting the photo’s

Gary

4 Likes

A visit to Cambo Estate yesterday. The woods extend right down to the sea.

G

17 Likes

Lovely.

1 Like

Thanks Fabio, appreciate that.

G

This morning the whole car was as if dipped in glaze…

5 Likes

Two pictures from a short trip to the North Sea last October, oddly leaning houses included.

6 Likes

A few from a busy weekend.

Inside a 730 year old oak tree

Staying with the tree theme - Emergent

King of the mountain

Cheers,

Ian

28 Likes

Should you visit the GCR, I can sometimes be found working as Platform Staff at Loughborough Central.

Will do, re photos. We are … expecting… some interesting, famous loco’s… soon… :astonished:

1 Like

Now that sounds interesting !
it would be good to meet up, your duties permitting of course, probably be after Easter :+1:

The 2 locos that I am thinking of, are both Pacifics. One is already at the GCR, I believe and is expected to emerge from its overhaul, at some point soon. The other is… nearby.

1 Like

@Cmax - Just had a msg in from GCR. The BR Standard Class 9F, 92214, will be doing its last runs, before is Boiler Ticket expires, on 24th/25th Feb weekend.

The Last Run will be 1730hrs, ex Lboro Central.

14 Likes

Wonderful photos as ever Ian, thanks. Where was that big boy? @IanF

1 Like

SPAIN

19 Likes

Cheers Ian, that’s a blow, that was one of the loco’s I wanted to see in steam, I have no chance of getting down before then, but Thank you for alerting me, I will have to make arrangements to visit the line.

Great photo.

1 Like

Its likely to be out of service for more that 1 year… :expressionless:

1 Like

I will get down to the line Ian, that’s a promise, there’s quite a lot on the line that I want to see, and hopefully we can arrange a meet-up while down on the line.

Domburg netherland region zeeland

A place for me to relax

28 Likes

Lovely area, we often have breaks in Cadzand with our German friends.

21 Likes