Nice Photos

This morning the whole car was as if dipped in glaze…

5 Likes

Two pictures from a short trip to the North Sea last October, oddly leaning houses included.

7 Likes

A few from a busy weekend.

Inside a 730 year old oak tree

Staying with the tree theme - Emergent

King of the mountain

Cheers,

Ian

29 Likes

Should you visit the GCR, I can sometimes be found working as Platform Staff at Loughborough Central.

Will do, re photos. We are … expecting… some interesting, famous loco’s… soon… :astonished:

1 Like

Now that sounds interesting !
it would be good to meet up, your duties permitting of course, probably be after Easter :+1:

The 2 locos that I am thinking of, are both Pacifics. One is already at the GCR, I believe and is expected to emerge from its overhaul, at some point soon. The other is… nearby.

1 Like

@Cmax - Just had a msg in from GCR. The BR Standard Class 9F, 92214, will be doing its last runs, before is Boiler Ticket expires, on 24th/25th Feb weekend.

The Last Run will be 1730hrs, ex Lboro Central.

14 Likes

Wonderful photos as ever Ian, thanks. Where was that big boy? @IanF

1 Like

SPAIN

19 Likes

Cheers Ian, that’s a blow, that was one of the loco’s I wanted to see in steam, I have no chance of getting down before then, but Thank you for alerting me, I will have to make arrangements to visit the line.

Great photo.

1 Like

Its likely to be out of service for more that 1 year… :expressionless:

1 Like

I will get down to the line Ian, that’s a promise, there’s quite a lot on the line that I want to see, and hopefully we can arrange a meet-up while down on the line.

Domburg netherland region zeeland

A place for me to relax

29 Likes

Lovely area, we often have breaks in Cadzand with our German friends.

22 Likes

Thanks Steve. He was in Glen Marcasaidh, near Strathconon.

2 Likes

Folkestone?

1 Like

Leaving California never easy…

Off to London for my cousins’ 50th birthday (I remember when they were born! Cripes), and the memorial service of a good friend and mentor who died last year in a cycling accident.

So, will be mixed emotions, but hopefully not only one event will be celebratory.

11 Likes

Yes well spotted I was expecting someone to ask is that Thailand.

Spin around the other way and take a picture. That would answer their question! I think you managed to nicely block out Dungeness power station too.

@Cledi13 @fotobrooks
Thanks for the pictures from Zeeland, for some reason I have only been on vacation in Noord-Holland. The south looks nice, too.

2 Likes