Nice Photos

12 Likes

Mallorca, Spain

13 Likes

It’s gone back to its ‘sunny place for shady people’ vibe aujourd’hui…
Phew!

10 Likes

Masts & Towers

7 Likes

Fascinating.

At ‘Accidentally Wes Anderson’ in Old Brompton Street earlier.

8 Likes

So took some inspiration…

7 Likes

I was fortunate to see Metallica from the snake pit at the Etihad

5 Likes

Local wildlife round NT Longshaw Estate in Derbyshire

14 Likes

Guess where …

2 Likes

steve

14 Likes

Breeding season, 25+ in a smallish pond in Edwinstore

9 Likes

Henley on Thames in all its glory this afternoon .

14 Likes

That is lovely modelling.

Thanks.

It’s part of a layout being built by a group of which I am a member.

steve

1 Like

One of my regrets in life (of many) is that I didn’t get to indulge my love of model railroading.

I indulged it up to the age of about 15, first in OO/HO then N but back then a huge percentage of my school friends also had model railways. Maybe there wasn’t much else! I also built one in OO/HO for someone else’s son.

Study for O levels then A levels took over, then the realisation that University, my own home, marriage, work, would all defer things.

My own son was desperate to have one when he was 4 and so I built him one in OO/HO eventually and two of his primary school friends also had them so they’d come and play trains but they were too young and as I built it I realised/remembered that the building and wiring process was a key part of the experience. He should be doing it. He and his friends grew out of trains altogether at age 6. That layout got dismantled and is packed away.

For years I’d thought this is something I’d do in retirement and scooped up a lot of stuff in N during the early to mid 90s that reminded me of my travels to Europe and to North America but as retirement approaches I don’t think that IS what I want to do. I also can’t really see the N stuff close up without reading glasses!

It’s helped to write this btw. I’d long thought model railways remained my hobby but in reality they don’t.

7 Likes

Never too late to start. :wink:

steve

2 Likes

Green colours from a run, earlier.

13 Likes

30 Likes