Nice Photos

Family snap, Southsea, this morning

20 Likes

Trust me Steve…it’s too late. Unless I hit the lotto. Lost my crappy, life-destroying job at Christmas and now job-hunting at age 66; just need about 2 years at even just decent pay to get to the finish line. Plus we want to leave the USA, so the impetus is toward getting rid of stuff vs. accumulating more.

Also, my wife is 12 years younger than me, and saddling her with more expensive stuff to sell about which she knows nothing for pennies on the dollar when I almost certainly predecease her seems an undue burden. She already has audio gear and a boatload of guitars to contend with!

I did model railroading (HO) in my teens, and sold all my stuff within the last 10 years after dragging it around with me in boxes for decades. Found out the hobby has changed a lot since I did it - computers and all.

3 Likes

To move where?

Very blue skies in Munich the weekend.

17 Likes

Great photo, assuming it’s genuine and not photoshopped. Is there any explanation or further info?

Love your frame inside the Olympiastadion, thank you.

1 Like

It would certainly take some skills to photograph that Hornet breaking the sound barrier. Unless, of course, he was flying the other F-18 during the shot!:wink:

Canada geese

17 Likes

Genuine as far as I know, from a photo group on fb.

I’m going to guess Italy.

A stunning day in the Scottish Highlands today:

Cloud inversion over Loch Eil, Ben Nevis on left

Icy view towards Gulvain

Late afternoon, Ben Nevis

Cheers,

Ian

31 Likes

Certainly, the finest sun halo I recall seeing; it was visible for the whole day too.

Cheers,

Ian

31 Likes

As Andy guessed, Italy most likely, since I am a citizen. Mrs DM also has a daughter living in Bremen, so that is a factor in all this as well.

4 Likes

So… yesterday… Sunday 25th Feb’24, was BR Standard 9F 92214’s last day of running at the Great Central Railway, before its boiler Ticket expires. Her is my 1st picture of it, from yesterday -

This was it arriving for its first train of the day.

12 Likes

Believe its a Shock Wave…? @Bjorn ?

And … finally… this is the loco having just decoupled from the last but one train, about to run around -

9 Likes

Also from Sunday 25 Feb, BR Standard Class 5, 73156 -

13 Likes

Exactly :+1:

1 Like

Unusual cloud formation a couple of mornings ago made the Alpujarras look like it had grown an extra mountain overnight.

9 Likes

Where exactly are the photos taken please?