Nice Photos

Loughborough Central Station platform, on the Great Central Railway, Loughborough LE11 1RW, UK.

All were taken from areas accessible to visitors. I am Station Staff, but no pictures were taken from areas that visitors cannot access.

2 Likes

Is there a plan (funded and resourced) to aquire the next 10 year " ticket"?

1 Like

I do not actually know, but I presume there is the intent to do so. Otherwise, why would the GCR agree to buy 92214, with so little Ticket left.

But… these processes can be long, drawn out and expensive. At least 1 year, more likely 2 years - maybe 5 years…?

Look at what has happened with A1 Tornado’s ‘new’ boiler. A quick turn around at DB Meiningen proved problematic, with the welding of ALL tubes - large & small being found unsatisfactory to UK Boiler Inspectors. All tubes had to be re-done - in the UK.

I have read that there have been… discussions … between DB Meiningen and TÜV - the German quality authority, following this. Quite rightly so.

DB Meiningen are still to deliver a 2nd boiler, to the A1 Steam trust, for their new build P2 - and a 3rd one as a shared spare. I would expect these to be very carefully checked, in Germany.

Large Steam Boilers. Not Straightforward Things.

2 Likes

Yes, " start with the end in mind", tends to often work well.
What is it you actually want/need, then work backwards.

1 Like

Great Photo’s Ian, The Standard 5 looks in fine fettle.

1 Like

Just using an iPhone…!

1 Like

Nothing wrong with an iPhone photo, and certainly better than no photo :grin:

1 Like

Practising some ICM ,intentional camera movement

7 Likes

Advert in my local morning paper on Saturday 3rd March 1973. Can imagine someone saying to their girlfriend, like “there doesn’t seem to be anything on TV tomorrow, shall we go to a concert honey, there’s a new band playing?” Unfortunately, I was only 12 years old myself…:innocent:

4 Likes

Press review at the time

“To sum it up I have to say that this was the worst concert in Gothenburg for quite some time and it was very depressing to hear a couple of thousand people calling the group for an encore. But that has become a tradition lately. After that song the applauses became silent very quickly. Fortunately”.

1 Like

Yes, there were probably not unusual reviews at the time, many older people were horrified by the music :grin:

We are talking Led Zeppelin 1973? On their 5th album and height of their popularity.

Are you thinking of when they started and the Scandinavian tour of September 1968?

Different countries, it took a while before Led became big in Sweden, considered obscure music among the majority so…

Sorry to hear if your troubles. Hope life improves for you in the future.

steve

1 Like

Well it isn’t ideal, but compared to some of the people on the forum’s current situations, I am aware of what can be, so I must maintain perspective.

2 Likes

On the straight and narrow

7 Likes

Romania

9 Likes

Leaving the Boston Bruins vs the Seattle Kraken NHL Hockey game last night and walking through the Seattle Center the moon was starting to peak behind a cloud next to the Space Needle. A beautiful sight in person and not quite as nice in this iPhone capture but it is good enough to share…

Life is Sweet!

20 Likes

Didn’t know the Romans did railways.

1 Like

And best of all, the Kraken ruined Brad Marchand’s evening! (I can’t stand that classless cheap shot artist.)

1 Like