Nice Photos

Report (just in) re the LNER Mikado P2 Project, on its Boiler - No.2 of 3 -

‘Similarly, boiler work is continuing in Meiningen under the supervision of TUV, the German certification body, and we expect delivery later in Spring.’

I think we can be sure TUV will be all over this one… :thinking:

2 Likes

A cormorant landing at dusk at a nearby estuary lake on the Suffolk coast.

29 Likes

A few years ago I travelled from Bucharest to Ploesti for a business melting (now retired) but the “Romanian Taxi” was very much in evidence. What also struck me was the people selling odd items outside their homes on the side of the road, a bottle of fruit juice, 3 apples, a transistor radio.
Never forget that wherever you are on a Naim journey, we are all highly privileged.

4 Likes

The Sandies

It was 20 degrees yesterday, minus 8 today not taking into account the nasty wind. The couple had filed a loud complaint about the weather’s inconsistency and is seriously contemplating flying south again for a little longer.

14 Likes

The Chief in Squamish BC Canada at night after a fresh snowfall. It’s a 700 meter wall of granite that survived intact during the ice age and is a favourite of local climbers. There’s also a trail up the back that takes about 50 minutes to hike up to the top. Used to be the view out of my window when I lived in the area. Re-edit.

40 Likes

That looks spectacular.

1 Like

It really stands out above the town. I’ve been to the top about 30 times in my life, but always on the back trail since I’m not a climber. I remember seeing tents hanging halfway up the wall where people braver than myself were spending the night!

2 Likes

There’s some great landscapes in BC.

1 Like

Level pegging

4 Likes

Amazing.

1 Like

yes … I cycled Romania 4 times, beautiful people and country, welcoming, lots of lost rural places, great to explore untouched nature.

1 Like

Castilla la Mancha, Spain

16 Likes

2 great Australian institutions the surf club and a pub

Having dinner in the pub tonight overlooking the South Pacific.

17 Likes

We went to see “Luminiscence” in Paris last night. A sort-of son et lumière for the digital age. Was fun!

23 Likes

It’s International Wheelchair Day today (1st March), where we celebrate the positive impact wheelchairs have on our lives.

G

38 Likes

She’s plodding along, sees me and literally crosses the road to avoid me. So there’s the answer to the greatest riddle of all time.

19 Likes

Wheelies?

1 Like

5 Likes

Is she cross-dressing, or transgender?

2 Likes

Is it a he?