Nice Photos

That’s extraordinary. You’d think something like that would be a tourist attraction.

3 Likes

I took that picture in 1978. Probably mistaken but I thought it was celebrating Hans Christian Anderson’s Little Mermaid.

Why I live where I do. Perfect day, best time of year.

16 Likes

Finally some sunshine yesterday afternoon and managed to do a few things in the garden.

I’m almost certain I found this butterfly in the house in December and put him outside where he stayed on a wall for a few days. A peacock I think.

The damaged wing didn’t seem to adversely affect his flying.

13 Likes

4 weeks ago

20 Likes

It is indeed…

Are you a runner Jamie?

If so, you can use an app to ‘draw’ a stick of dynamite…

1 Like

Looks lovely - deep in rural France if I remember correctly.

Indeed. Just sitting on the terrace and listening to and watching the local bird population. An unusual site was a flock of what I can only presume were kites. Caught site of movement high overhead and got the bins out. Possibly 8 or 9 birds circling in the up draught until they were so high they were out of site, even with the bins. Different wing shapes on the trailing edge so I’m guessing some juveniles some adult. Reddish brown trailing edge in the glint of the sun. We have black kites locally , more common, as well as the odd red. I usually see just a nesting pair and young from the garden, over the course of the summer. I have never seen a flock in this way. I’m wondering whether they are recent arrivals from Africa in transit. Too small and the wrong shape for buzzards who I occasionally see as a group.

2 Likes

3 weeks ago

12 Likes

Not a chance!

And I’m home now.

Though, I say ‘home’, we’ve perhaps returned to a parallel world, one where we have blue stuff in the sky and we have been able to leave the doors open all day. Weird.

1 Like

A few snaps from the West Coast this past week.

Pike Place Market - Seattle, 8 April 2024

Golden Gate Bridge - San Francisco, 10 April 2024

Gastown - Vancouver, 12 April 2024

23 Likes

Newly painted kitchen floor

12 Likes

The number of musical genres listed on the record shop is amazing. There is a quiz question in there somewhere.

1 Like

It was a fascinating shop with a huge choice of genres - but the price of vinyl in Vancouver is insane. So expensive, and that’s before the exchange rate.

2 Likes

Nice walk in the woods

6 Likes

I was there last year. It’s pleasant enough, but turn the corner and it’s full of druggies rigid on spice.

1 Like

Sunday Morning

11 Likes

Yes, a Peacock.

1 Like

I see colourful seashells on the seashore - in the sunshine (which has long-since departed.)

Cheers,

Ian

11 Likes