Nice Photos

Sorry to hear that, not good QA on the part of the fixing dept and well, you would have thought they would have fast tracked the fix. Maybe a nudge is in order. Good luck

1 Like

William for the Parks Canada sites those spots go live in January and well there are 1000s in the digital queue at that time. That said you might have more luck outside of the Banff/lake Louise sites. I would suggest you also check out some of provincial camp grounds - though they tend to be more basic - unless you have an RV and it’s less of a challenge.

1 Like

I’ve only been in Alberta for a short time but am realizing the Banff area is best avoided in July/August because it is expensive and super busy. Seems prices for hotels triple or quadruple as soon as the ice melts off the lakes. I’m lucky to live close enough to the mountains to be able to just take day trips and avoid weekends. Seems it like this for popular places everywhere nowadays.

2 Likes

Great part of the world, we were there in August a few years ago didn’t seem that busy.

3 Likes

I had reserved a rental RV but I decided to cancel and book hotels and rent a car instead. The hotels are expensive due to the popularity of the area but it‘s a once-off for us and only 5 days. After that we‘ll go to Vancouver Island

2 Likes

This is RMS Titanic, brand new, on her sea trials, from Harland & Wollf, Belfast, NI.

Photo by Robert Welch - Harland & Wolff Collection, National Museums NI.

(yes, it’s Titanic, not Olympic - you can see the Screens which were added - above & left from the far Tug)

12 Likes

Sandy & William, yes you’ve hit it on the head. Pete you might have been lucky as they were just ramping up post covid, as ever since then more locals also stayed home, hence the camp sites are even busier and Kananaskis too, hence the AB gov put in that pass to make money. If you can avoid July/Aug you’ll have a more enjoyable and cheaper experience. The challenge is the summer window is so short, its the same reason why golf is so expensive here - but if you can play Kananaskis Country golf course, well worth it. And in Calgary, depending on the year, the first or second week of July is Stampede so additional visitors, who then head to the mountains. If you can get out in the shoulder season and/or mid week, its certainly better, also if you can do Jasper or Waterton, they won’t be as busy. Things have been made worse with no public car access to Moraine Lake (unless staying at the hotel) and reduced public parking at Lake Louise (again, unless staying at the hotel), so these ‘picture perfect’ spots, you now have to plan ahead and book shuttles, and park at the ski hill. So more cost, and the spontaneity of trips is being lost - and it will frustrate visitors who are not aware of these changes. I haven’t spent too much time on the island, but I enjoyed the drive from Nanaimo to Tofino, and their beaches. This link might give you some ideas William for your trip https://whererockies.com/

2 Likes

On the boundary

16 Likes

I agree that the beaches around Tofino and the Pacific Rim National Park in general are a must visit if exploring Vancouver Island. I actually got married on Chesterman Beach near Tofino. I lived in Vancouver at the time so it was a little closer back then. By the way, The Audio Room just called letting me know my Supernait is ready! They said the transformer was just a little loose and they tightened it down and the hum was gone. I’m gonna drop my Nait 2 off when I pick up the Supernait and let them have some fun with recapping it…

3 Likes

Chesterman Beach Sunset on Vancouver island.

19 Likes

Great oysters on Vancouver Island :grin:

1 Like

I’ll just take your word for that! :nauseated_face:

The blue afternoon

Imgur

21 Likes

A D750 on the tripod??

Or a Nikon on a Manfrotto head/grip?

Both correct, it was a D750 on the Manfrotto. I’ve since upgraded to the D850.

3 Likes

19 Likes

Stunning Rod, a veritable kaleidoscope of colour!

1 Like

It really is!

19 Likes

Saint-Chappelle right?

1 Like