Nice Photos

Stunning.

2 Likes

That‘s not good. I am in Canmore and heading up to Jasper soon.
Getting off the plane in Calgary you could already smell the smoke from the wildfires.

I don’t think you’ll be allowed in there unless you’re a firefighter now. Heard they are bringing in people to help fight the fires from as far away as Australia! You’re not thinking of Banff perhaps?

1 Like

Yep we’ve sent some help, both Canada and the US send help when we need it.

2 Likes

You‘re right. Apparently the place I booked in Jasper has closed.

1 Like

“Whose a cheeky b*gger then…?”

Mind, more interesting than than the pigeons ‘stealing’ it I suppose…

I note that a Parakeet doesn’t weigh enough to spring the Squirrel proof slide on the feeder.

9 Likes

Hopefully only closed and not burned to the ground.

Yes, a lot of people have lost their homes.

Heard on the news 5000 people have lost their homes and 35% of the structures have been burned. :frowning:

1 Like

According to this Internet site the population of Jasper in 2022 was 4113; however many people not resident there will have homes which they rent out to tourists. Either way it is tragic…
https://regionaldashboard.alberta.ca/region/jasper/population/#/?from=2018&to=2022

1 Like

I should have said displaced I suppose. Summer population can be close to 3 times the number of permanent residents so ya. Sorry I made you check the internet to see if theres was a possibility to prove me wrong but I realize that’s how the internet works haha.

1 Like

I did check the Internet - not because I wanted to prove you wrong but because I wanted to be well informed. I am grateful for your earlier reply alerting me to the risk of going to Jasper. And just to keep on topic…

7 Likes

Some boys came over from Lakenheath to give us some fly bys.

Which was nice.

14 Likes

G

16 Likes

On your jollies in Lancashire then?

4 Likes

Hehe. Oui.

G

2 Likes

Evening at Cape Scott on Vancouver Island.

22 Likes

Stretch of the Imagination

Imgur

15 Likes

An inebriated walk back home last night from the brewery

Swan wake (River Exe)

Tudor House, late 16th Century

Iron bridge (built 1834)

15 Likes

24 Likes