No sound from 552 (shorted Snaic 5)

Check the routing and dressing of your cables.

DG…

1 Like

I’ve just done that all again, the hum is gone - I had a poor burndy connection on the 555PS. But still no sound, just inky black silence.

Have you double checked that the cables between the 552PS and the 300 head are the right way round? It doesn’t matter at the 552 end, but if they are the wrong way round at the 300 end you’ll get silence.

1 Like

Yes, I’ve swapped them around more times than I can remember. Even swapped SL and standard cables as well.

Back to using the ND555 through the Nova.

Is that the same issue you had prior to repairing it? Did they try your 552 at the repair centre so you can rule it out as the source of problem?

Also, when playing nd555 have you pushed through all input buttons on 552 to make sure no input is playing?

Have you tried the 555 in all the input sockets on the 552, in case the service work changed the input mapping? Have you checked that the 555 is set to din output?

It’s the same symptoms, and the 552 was checked after the repair, so can’t be sure whether the same fault has occurred again.

I’ve checked that the LED light matches the two inputs (ND555 and LP12) using the prog function, but I haven’t moved all the plugs to check each DIN input if that is what you mean.

Yes, I’ve checked that, but there is also no sound from the LP12 using a DIN input.

Very frustrating. Can it be a ps problem, from the 300 dr or 552 ps?
What will you do then, send the 552 and 300 with cables back ?
Stay positive and patient, it will be sorted at a time.

2 Likes

@Mike_S You are way more patient than I am. If it was me I’d disconnect everything. Hook up Power amp to speakers use your Nova as a preamp. … Process of elimination.

1 Like

I feel for you Mike. I’ve been in a similar situation agonising over finding a fault. Stick with it as they always get resolved :muscle:

3 Likes

Have you done the factory reset ?
To restore all programmable settings to the factory defaults, press and hold the remote handset DISP key while the preamplifier is in program mode. The preamplifier will exit from program mode following this operation.

1 Like

I’ll try that again after a reboot this morning.

3 Likes

Hope it works🙏🏼

But how explain the hum in one speaker ?
Have you tried another cable from 552 to 300 or speaker cable ?

Hum was solved. It was a bad connection on the burndy.

2 Likes

Which end do the 300 burndies go, markers at 300 amp end (speaker end)?

About to replug everything for final attempt.

Markers at source end

:+1:

So NAP300 end? I found the diagram now.

For the DIN to XLR, Socket 2 on 552 PS to Chn 1 on NAP300, Socket 3 to Chn 1 - unbelievably not explained anywhere in the manuals?

1 Like

I’m using stereo SL from the 552 PS, but will use standard cables if it doesn’t work.

1 Like