nova+Harbeth 40 p3 Bloated, swollen, mushy!

The mistress will defeat the main house and the little three will fight to the top. This is inevitable. You will fall into a period of logical confusion :smiley:

2 Likes

Hi David, Luxman/Harbeth doesn’t sound as good as Naim/Harbeth. I’ve made the comparison several times and came to the same conclusion every time, in my system and to my ears. Maybe it’s the speaker cables that may be limiting the potential of the Luxman as someone suggested on another forum, or there’s something else. Either way I’m not interested to explore any further. Perhaps I just prefer the sound of the Harbeth driven by the Naim. A personal preference. The SHL5+ sounds a bit soft or mushy with the Luxman. The energy and drive (of the Naim) is missing.

I have been living with the Luxman/Marten for quite a while now. It is unfortunate I don’t have the space or room to set up the Naim/Harbeth.

1 Like

I have used Naim amps with Harbeth SHL5 and SHL5+ (202/200 and 282/250DR) for the past 13 years. In my experience and opinion, the speakers only sound great with 282/250DR. With 202/200 it is average to good, not great.

I don’t have experience with the higher level Naim but suspect the SHL5+ will sound even better with NAP 300DR or higher. If that’s not possible, 250DR will do rather fine.

Personally in my opinion anything below the 250DR for the SHL5+ or any Harbeth, you really don’t get to the full potential of the Harbeth. Maybe around 60% or 70%. The P3ESR and M30.1 or 30.2 are more difficult to drive than the SHL5 hence I would really feed them with NAP 250DR minimum although Nap300 is ideal.

No offence meant, but I honestly believe you are Eric Cantona.

Some of the posters here will understand what I mean.

1 Like

Is this a real thread or am I having some sort of strange flashback, man?

1 Like

I feel the OP has not enlarged his picture. He would have deleted it in that case.

1 Like

You mean this bit?

Sorry for those who are easily offended or shocked

My apology to Richard and if he wishes to delete …

2 Likes

Not sure whether my dealer does such demos, more likely to be in ones home.

1 Like

My guess is this looks like a high end dealer’s shop somewhere in China.

Whether the dealer was there at the time is another question

Pretty straight forward really.

He obviously wasn’t joking about the mistresses.

1 Like

Yes. I feel bad , by compassion.

3 Likes

Glad not see mr winky in that pic. :joy:

Scott

2 Likes

Well, if it is a dealers premises I feel short changed.

I don’t think my dealer looks like the one in the image you have enlarged.

1 Like

He did say he dressed up :slight_smile:

1 Like

You should pay attention to the message of @Richard.Dane
I don’t think you can get, at least here, a better help than the one he proposed to you. It’s very elegant from him to propose you that.

1 Like

The B&Ws are still there, not removed.

To the OP: speaker and listening positions are fundamental factors in getting a good sound. It looks as if there has been little consideration ogpf this from your pics: this thread may help:

However, You haven’t mentioned your room dimensions (length, width and height) - please tell us. From your pics and the part of the world I think you may be in I suspect the room is very narrow, which will not help matters and may give little option for positioning.

1 Like

It’s the art of erotica. :joy:

At least it’s not 35K :smiley: and I guess we have been lucky, too

The OP mentioned above that the room is 13m2, so very modest. Heaven knows how those large B&Ws fit in, let alone three amplifiers, a massive telly, two mistresses and a collection of posing pouches.

3 Likes