OCD Alert! Old Naim Price Lists

I have 1998 but can’t upload it as my Mac doesn’t seem able to save as a permitted file type.

/desperate mode ON

Take a photo and upload from your smartphone if that’s what it takes!

/desperate mode OFF
:grin: :grin:

Just a peek on how things are shaping up… Please don’t get blind trying to make sense of it!

3 Likes

Richard … Is there any substance in the rumours regarding a Naim Audio cassette deck? I wonder if it ever got to prototype and what became of those examples

No problem, I have it on my desk, so I’ll probably upload some images on Friday.

1 Like

Here we are - PC did the trick.

1 Like

Yup. The long awaited Cassette Deck really did exist. I’m hoping it’s finally ready for Munich 2020…

11 Likes

Looking at my 1998 price list, it’s remarkable how well the 52 has held value. It’s now worth around two thirds of the original price while the 180 is more like a third or so.

Many thanks! Sep 1998 is probably when CDS2 appeared and the PSCD was updated to XPS, sold separately.

Hi sihctr

I found 1992 as well for you.

Ian

1 Like

NAC 102 Information + INTRO 2 / CREDO Information

3 Likes

You can’t use the term OCD in a light hearted way like that, it’s classed as a hate crime

Connections Guide / 4 page cover / 62 pages / 148 x 105 mm

1 Like

Ah, the old small-format connections guides - they were really good. When I first started at Naim I had one on my desk that was such a help while I learned all about the different Naim connections, such as active six-pack. Only problem was that it kept getting “borrowed”, so, realising that stocks were almost exhausted, in the end I wrote my initials all over it in marker pen - did the trick, and I still have it.

6 Likes

April 2010

1 Like

@felty99 you are a Saint! This empty line in Apr2010 was really bugging me… The picture resolution is not great but I could decipher the prices, also taking into account the past values.

In case you can upload it with higher resolution for archiving it would be excellent.

Not sure if this is any better, source is PDF so i could always send you the original by PM.

3 Likes

I’m surprised the Research Department didn’t claim it. :grinning:

1 Like

I reckon that might have been the last price list to include the mighty Aro. Sadly I had to pay significantly more than that for a brand new, sealed in box example in 2015. But needs must!

1 Like

The line spacing on the Unitis confused me at first when I skimmed it, I was trying to remember Naim ever producing a £2100 MP3/IPod USB player, before realising it was the second line of the Uniti description.