One step forward: ER +lpsu

Ok, have to cancel my order now. Thanks.

1 Like

Mcru have a psu for the BT home hub 5.0 router, might be worth looking at its ÂŁ225 and should be rated to 2A, though mcru should advise.

1 Like

At PatM says, the Amp rating should be the same or higher. Not lower.

Audiophonics. 12v / 5a. Should it work correctly for 12v / 2a?

Caractéristiques :

• BoĂźtier : 100% Aluminium brossĂ© et sablĂ©
  • AnodisĂ© noir
  • Tension d’entrĂ©e: AC 220V
  • Tension / courant de sortie: 12V 5A DC (7,5A en crĂȘte)
  • 1 sortie Jack DC 5.5 / 2.1mm
  • 1 sortie jack DC 5.5 / 2.5mm
  • Embase IEC avec porte fusible
  • Transformateur 100VA
  • RĂ©gulateur de tension LT1083

Just installed this morning the Audiophonics linear ps, to power my commercial router ( tv/ internet provider).
It works correctly. Have not yet listened to music seriously, to see if there is an upgrade. But would be surprised if not, as the network chain begins with that crap and noisy router.
Cleaning it should have positive effects. I hope.

Listening since 1 hour. Linear ps connected and running since 5 hours.
Not sure yet there is a real difference. Some more clarity and cleanness of the sound, but it’s minor.
However I feel there’s a little upgrade.

In that case, a double blind test would be useful. Will report later, as 5 hours burn in is not much.

1 Like

One thing really changed: before I was generally listening at 9 o’oclock. Now it’s 8.

2 Likes

Maybe your next upgrade you will not need to raise any volume :grinning:

1 Like

Hahaha, good one Meni :+1:

1 Like

When the noise is a bit attenuated, the dynamic increases , you hear more clearly, so you can decrease the volume.
At least I interpret it like that.
The sound didn’t really changed, it became just a bit more clear, clean, and dynamic.
It’s the effect I feel when I put this linear ps on my router.
The volume indicator proves that it’s not a brain fooled effect.

1 Like

@Nestor_Burma, did you received the MCRU?

Hi, delivery scheduled next Thursday. It is 12V, 2A. I will check if it improves vs the ultracap and also if it benefits the router 
and will report.

2 Likes

One thing in the meantime, I just noted that the volume levels have increased by « 2 hours » : when I was usually listening at around « 8 o’clock », now it is « 5.30 or 6 o’clock » 
 I’m so surprised and wondering what can have caused this? In fact I’m a bit worried this may be due to some disfunction
but the SQ and enjoyment are the same.
I mention this because of your previous posts about a volume increase with your new lps.
The lest thing I installed in my system is the ultracap to the ER
is it possible that with a 2 week lag the sound levels get increased? Or is there some other likely cause?

Can’t say why only after 2 weeks, but I feel it’s more a positive thing. Noise floor has dropped.

I see that MCRU has power cables for HDPLEX 300 lpsu. I know their power supply was a big plus for you. Do you recall which power cable you ordered? Kimber Cable, OCC Copper, or pure silver? BTW: the Optiplex 300 was installed yesterday to power the eR and the Nucleus+. Its made an initial improvement over the stack supplies. I took out the Cisco 2960. I may go for a second eR in the future.

The MCRU option 3 for ER has:
OPTION THREE – PURE SILVER DC CABLE – FURUTECH RHODIUM PLATED IEC INLET – SR ORANGE FUSE – MCRU NO. 75 MAINS LEAD TO SUIT YOUR COUNTRY

So it’s MCRU no75 power cord, with Furutech plug. It’s a 130 pounds cable. It goes with the ps . I didn’t choosed it.

Thanks FR. Will order today.

1 Like

wich one did you choose ?

I have the Pinnacle, their best ps. 2 months after they produced one for the Etheregen. The option 3 is quite the same as mine.

130 pounds (65 kg) cable? There is a “wolf” (french expression)