Only One Album

If only one album allowed then for me it would be The Doors debut album.

2 Likes

And The Hedgehog Song!

Fragile by Jon Anderson’s lot.

1 Like

Indeed !

Many many ago I was driving my daughter home from a ballet class and Soul Kitchen was playing and she said without prompting “you and mum had an incredible soundtrack to your youth”.

2 Likes

I find it very difficult have a ‘favourite’ Doors album , as I have owned each of the six of them from pretty much the dates of their original release.

I might just put "Strange Days’ ahead of the rest, as it is often treated as ‘the least favourite child’.

And, by the same token, ‘The Soft Parade’, with so much brass is arguably not a "proper’ Doors record. But I have ordered the ‘stripped’ version of ‘Soft Parade’, and that will be absolutely fascinating to hear.

1 Like

You might like this Lindsay, which my insomnia let me enjoy.

G

2 Likes

Just reading the BBC headline to that link - did she actually win a Grammy for her first album?

Sinatra Jobim album.

1 Like

So she didn’t win the award for the album.

No, she won it not the album, so to speak.
Of course she won it because of the album.
She wouldn’t have been nominated for any of the awards without the album, which is absolutely amazing!:blush:

1 Like

Exile on Coldharbour Lane by the Alabama 3

(or maybe London Calling or perhaps Blue Lines…)

7 Likes

7 Likes

How true that is for anyone in teens/young adulthood in latter half of 1960s and through 1970s, especially first half of 70s. I am one of those and feel incredibly fortunate - it is not surprising that a good part of my music collection either is from then or has its roots in that time.

5 Likes

Blood on the tracks by Dylan, nothing comes close for me

4 Likes

1 Like

For me the only Dylan album worth a regular play, I guess I’m going to the tower for that!

Have you tried “more blood, more tracks” it’s the original recording of blood on the tracks that he rejected. Very deep and beautiful production

2 Likes