Only One Album

I had never heard of that, Mike. Is it an official Sony release, and therefore easily obtainable?

I’ve been chasing around so much recently trying twithout success o find albums by the likes of Roy Buchanan, Them Crooked Vultures, Deacon Blue, Thomas Beecham and others, that I’m thinking of taking a rest for a bit.

Yes, it’s official, part of his “bootleg series” retrospective takes on previous issues. Highly recommended Graham

2 Likes

On Amazon and other places. Thank you Mike.

Thank you, Mikee, that looks very interesting indeed. There’s no point in my looking for it now, as my Visa card is completely scr*wed up, and won’t allow me to spend money. I’ve decided to call it a day with my Bank of some 40 years and am transferring my account, savings, cards and anything else.

I’ll try again in a few weeks, once all the solids have been removed from the air conditioning. Nothing else until then.

Even better in my opinion, but rare as rocking horse stuff, is this version:

1 Like

Stones - Exile on Main Street

3 Likes

Love - Forever Changes

Sublime and timeless

Regards,

Martin

2 Likes

You couldn’t reasonably have picked anything else, given the name you use!

One chosen for that reason, I assume?

Not really I’ve been buying albums since 1958 as a 12 year old. I’ve over3000 albums and play Forever Changes often if you’ve have the album you know what I mean.
Albums come and go flavour of the year then a decade later forget.
I still go back and play the 1st album I bought by Duane Eddy “ Have twangy will travel “ albums and go back to and still play.

Buffalo Springfield- Again.
The Original Fleetwood Mac ( Peter Green era )
Nick Drake - Five leaves left
Joni Mitchell - Blue
Miles Davis - Kind of Blue
John Coltrane - Blue train
Manassas - Manassas
Flying Burrito Brothers - Gilded palace of sin
Beach Boys - Pet Sounds
Poco - Deliverin
Isaac Hayes - To be continued
Little Feat - Waiting for Columbus
Frank Zappa- Hot Rats

These are some of the albums I keep going back to.

Regards,

Martin

4 Likes

For me it’s a simple choice, Massive Attack Blue Lines. I have three copies of the album at the minute, an early vinyl pressing with the censored cover where “attack” was deleted, a later re-release which is the version I play, and CD copy from many years ago. Barely a week ever goes by when I don’t play this album.

5 Likes

More Blood More Tracks consists of a significant amount of the New York Sessions and is far better quality.

2 Likes

Great list and Forever Changes a class album, timeless.

Hi,
oh guys this is mainly an English forum, but i’m Italian … only one record?
mmmmmm…
probably this one:

Definitely sign up for Hot Rats. So advanced for its time

No, Gian, this Forum is British!

How many of the albums mentioned are from within the last 10 years? Twenty?

Discuss…

Bruce

ooooppppsssss !

I don’t think I could pick just one album I’d try smuggle a few downloads on a USB stick.

However if pushed it might be Abbey Road.

1 Like

Not sure of relevance or implication, one way or the other?

With 90-something responses so far let’s say there have been 60 albums mentioned, as some people have posted more than once, and there have been quite a few posts not naming one, while some albums gave been mentioned more than once. Albums as we know them only go back to the mid 1950s, so less than 70 years. If 20 albums from the past 10 years have been named as you suggest, that would seem disproportionate, given that a random distribution would only indicate less than 10 per decade. This of course without considering likely triggers for people’s choices, in respect of which members’ ages may be a factor…

Selling England by the Pound would be my choice also, one you keep coming back to, after near on 50 years.