Opinion please Nait v Nait

:grin:

1 Like

You need to get on the Nait 50 matching streamer bandwagon then - itā€™s the only thing stopping me from getting one.

2 Likes

I will if you willšŸ˜‚

Oh, Iā€™m on record (number of times!) asking for that

Donā€™t think thatā€™s a factory priority though.

1 Like

Youā€™d have to make do with a NDX2 & Nait 50 in the meantime then, no punishment really :wink:

1 Like

just cant deal with the difference in form factor. would drive me crazy every time I looked at it

2 Likes

You are right, a row of same fascia is somehow very soothing!

However, we lived like this for ages: (Nait 2, NAT05, LP12)

(sorry for the cable mess, these are spring cleanup pictures)

4 Likes

Looks great to my eyes and a similar aesthetic to what Iā€™m after.

1 Like

Random thought here - if youā€™re getting back into this, why not a Unitiqute2 / NAP 100 / DAC V1? Small form factor, inexpensive, can drive most bookshelves wellā€¦

Just a thought

1 Like

Can you still find a new Nait50? I thought that they had all sold.

Iā€™m clueless on Naim so am aiming at current offerings. Up until I noticed the 50 I was mainly concentrating on the one box solutions of Atom, Star and Nova

Easy to get in the UK

Can I ask what streamer you opted for please?

@Akh666 Iā€™d go for a Nait 50, superb amp as others stated above. Matched with the right speaker its very hard to beat, plenty of PRAT and all that, real foot tapper.
For me my N50 is paired with an ND5XS2 and SBLs, today I spent a couple of hours listening to N50 setup, I love it.

4 Likes

Thank you Iā€™m definitely edging closer to the Nait 50

2 Likes

Since you ask for others opinion on loudspeakers and at the same time you have been out listening, maybe an idea to explain what were to your likings,? in order to make people provide better recommendations to you.
Maybe I overlooked but if you accept s/h thereā€™s really more benefit$$

1 Like

I have seen dealers in EU have stock too, still on sale websites around.

3 Likes

Wattson Audio Emerson Analog DAC/Streamer

3 Likes

Iā€™ve tried the SCM7, KEF LS50, Dali Menuet, Monitor Audio Gold, Neat Iota, Iota Alpha, Monitor Audio Gold and Linn 109. The best I heard with the Atom was the 109 hands down. Theyā€™re now discontinued though. I did initially ask about amp and source which is my primary focus.

Recommend the 5siā€¦ I sold a 5italic and still miss it.

I streamed using a Rega DAC & an AirPort Expressā€¦ now using a Magnum Dynalab MD208 receiverā€¦

4 Likes