Opinion please Nait v Nait

I would go Nait 50and Node, the Nait 50will not be around for ever, and you can then upgrade to aND5 XS2 later

2 Likes

The Nait 50 is better than the Nova, but all three Uniti models will offer their own pluses and minuses.

I would be more than happy with the Atom and the top of range ProJect CD :cd: transport

2 Likes

They are still shown as available on some High Street HiFi chains

The DAC v1 is quite rare , if purchasing from someone like TomTom or2nd Hand Audio

I would go for the Node + Nait 5SI. The Node has a very well thought out software and the 5SI has more power, a remote and rca inputs.

Apologies for a brief thread diversion. @LindsayM - Have you really gone on from 252 to 552, or is it a mistyping in your profile?

Well spotted, I didnā€™t make much of it but an opportunity presented, was living very happily with the 252 so onwards!

Congratulations!

To contribute to the thread - I can only say that I agree with those who are impressed by the Nait 50 - and as others have commented, it sings with high quality sourcesā€¦

3 Likes

I heartily endorse the XS2+CD5XS. Its not cheap but it is thoroughly satisfactory I

I agree with the late Julian Verecker who recommended the ā€˜source firstā€™ approach.

1 Like

I think all elements are equally important

some animals are more equal than others

1 Like

No remotecontrol for the Nait 50 is a showstopper.

Wondering about the fact that the Nait 50 is still availableā€¦ and even though only a limited number had been released?.

Yep you need to consider thatā€¦ but it is also one of the reasons why I suspect it sounds stupendously good as there is an absence of automation circuitry to get in the wayā€¦ just like some super esoteric hifi. Pays your money take your choice.

Of course if you have a high end DAC as a source, you can usually use digital volume control through the DAC DSP with no sonic degradation via a remote, which is what I do and it works for me.

Yes only a limited number will be made. I suspect in a years time, one will only be able to buy used.

3 Likes

As I recall it was released in 1973 items (+ a few more for VIP)
My dealer had one on sale a few months ago, they are not flying off shelfs at asking price.
When gone theyā€™re gone.

The development work will of course be used in forthcoming Naits - my bet a new more powerfull Nait 100 is in the cards.
It will be interesting how much of any possible new entry-level range might be made in China, Slovakia or UK.

I really canā€™t see why you would want a more powerful Naitā€¦ with peak power > 200 W you want to make sure you donā€™t blow your speakers by accident. Yes when playing rock loud, after a while it does get warm, I noticed this when playing my ATCs very loudā€¦ so perhaps better ventilation in a future version for those that like to use it cranked most the time.

If you are driving to loud party levels most the time yes you should use something different yes.
I think a future high end alternative Nait may have a remoteā€¦ but possibly would compromise the incredible performance of the Nait50ā€¦ but perhaps some would prefer convenience over SQ.

3 Likes

How much of your SQ is down to your Ā£10k+ source?

Genuine question

1 Like

Iā€™m sure that is part of it, along with the speakers, support and interconnects, but it does show the Nait50 takes advantage of this and performs at that level. Not all my amps connected to that source have appeared to sound as good and expressive as the Nait50.
Itā€™s one reason why I suggest if you donā€™t have high end sources or speakers you might be better off with a different Nait or amp, rather than the high end Nait50ā€¦ as you might be wasting funds.

1 Like

Whilst I do understand your point to a degree I think the general concensus would be you donā€™t need a 10k source and 10k speakers to enjoy the N50.