Ordering wait time

Thanks. Found it (there are so many posts on this forum, it took a while). Hopefully this is just a temporary discontinuation.

Yes, I gather the supply chain issues have been really hard on some of the components required for Naim to make the DR modules (number and yield) and so they’ve decided to prioritise them for production, which makes a lot of sense (although I’m surprised it didn’t happen earlier).

2 Likes

Not sure if it’s been DR modules that’s been holding up my NAC552 PS but I heard today that it’s due to be delivered by the end of this month. That is almost exactly six months from the original order which seems to fit with what a few others have recently been posting in terms of wait for amplification.

1 Like

Picked up my NDX2 today. :grinning: happy days! Nearly 6 month wait from end of November. Set up a breeze and sounding great out of the box. Thanks Naim!!

9 Likes

Apparently the latest issue holding up production is fascias, I heard from my dealer today.

Yes, my NAC252/SC service and DR upgrade was booked and paid for in Dec 2020 and was finally completed in Septenber 2021. My NAP250 was booked and paid for in Dec 2021 and should be getting sent off for the work at the end of this month.

I guess I should consider myself lucky to get it done at all.

My dealer spoke to Naim yesterday and confirmed my 282 + 250 ordered mid January will be sent mid June- so 5 months , I’ve now spent my bonus in the meantime !

1 Like

Only 5 months - I dream of 5 months!! Now 11 months and counting since I ordered a ND5 XS2… Having said that, I’ve just had to revise my order for a new Mini for my wife as they can no longer supply ANY Mini with a manual gearbox (stick shift, for our American cousins :joy:), plus other options have been deleted because Mini’s wiring looms were made in Ukraine. Now, quite literally, you can only order two versions - Premium or Premium Plus. No more picking & choosing ‘a la carte’ through the options list.

1 Like

Ordered a NAC 282 6 weeks ago and was given a 4 month delivery timeline - however it’s ready for collection already. Maybe things are improving?

2 Likes

I got a call from my dealer yesterday. My new 552 preamp has been built and is going through its final testing at the factory. So install day is only a couple of weeks away. Farewell 282/HiCap, thank you for your service.

11 Likes

So it’s official! The current wait time for an ND5 XS2 is 11 months and 3 weeks!! Arrived today and now starting the slow burn-in process, though, out of the box, it immediately sounds pretty impressive through my M-Scaler/Qutest. Anyone care to share how long it will take to fully settle in? Also, I am now considering a server to partner with it - one that is going to be largely plug & forget; it must be easy to rip CDs to and must also automatically store any Hi-Res downloads. Thinking Melco/Innuos but I’d be very grateful for any pointers here…

4 Likes

You’re only using the S/PDIF output so I doubt you’ll notice much difference as it ‘runs in’ compared to if you were using the analogue output.

Congratulations though - it’s a great digital source.

I wondered as much…

After that wait time I hope you enjoy it.

1 Like

So far, so good…

My new active crossover arrived a few days ago. Just under 7 months, but fortunately at the old price, box contents prompts a few separate questions.

1 Like

Hi Stilts, My ND5 XS2 arrived this week - a year and three days after I ordered it and, in a nice touch by Naim, the day before my birthday. It sounds sensational: rich, natural, spacious, detailed. My 25 year old amp and speakers have never sounded so good. Worth the wait - and I had almost given up. Hope yours turns up soon too.

8 Likes

Yep - it arrived last Monday, 11 months and 3 weeks exactly. Like yours, it sounds fantastic (admittedly through my M Scaler/Qutest combo). Very pleased with it and finding the Naim app very easy to use. Really like now being able to stream Qobuz in HiDef. Worth the wait.

3 Likes

I have had my ND5 XS2 for about a month, I picked mine up within 3 days and reading this thread boy was I the lucky one, feel for anyone having to wait as long as a year but all I can say is, it’s worth it.

My NAC552 was installed today, it was ordered towards the end of November last year. Originally the wait was supposed to be around four months but subsequently grew and became a little frustrating. Is it worth the frustration? Today, most certainly yes. Huge upgrade from my lovely 282 HiCap DR. HUGE.

8 Likes