Paris 2024

indeed :grin:

Booed him on the podium as well. Really classy.

6 Likes

Skateboarding on at the moment. Don’t think I’ve ever watched an Olympic sporting event with so many fails by the athletes. They’re rubbish!

Can’t disagree…
Some are nearer to animals than humans.

2 Likes

Only fails, no succeeds?

Some clearly, however I’m not sure I can see the merit of an Olympic Gold Medal!

1 Like

Just saw a video in tv. This new sport, the teqball, may join next the Olympic games. Mix of ping pong and football.

Well done the USA ladies - worthy winners over the GB 7s side, who lack pace and athleticism compared to several teams in this tournament, and in 7s this can be cruelly exposed.

Didn’t see the UK game but watched the Aus v Ireland quarter final. Been good games so far.

Canada shocking the French was pretty decent but I fear they will get crushed by Australia in the semis

1 Like

Break dancing is that a sport, I still haven’t come to terms with synchronous swimming

3 Likes

I’m waiting until asynchronous swimming gets into the Olympics - then I’ll have a sport I could win a medal in

6 Likes

The water polo is pretty demanding too.

1 Like

I was going to correct my post but it’s funny if I leave it. :grin:

However, I would say that Olympics are not complete before e-sports is also included.

Equestrian?

1 Like

I believe that E is banned.

1 Like

Not in the alternative Olympics. I don’t think it will ever happen, but they are to let athletes take what they want and compete. Thoroughly reprehensible, but you would HAVE to watch!

Windsurfing … not as I know it! Foiling my eyes are popping out and they are not at full speed yet. Just watched a jibe - unbelievable.

World record in men’s trap and then Canada deliver a shock on the rugby field.

1 Like

The skateboarding may have been a damp squib but the BMX - OMG! Check out Kieran Reilly’s amazing run

5 Likes