Paris 2024

Andy Murray having his last hoo rah with a doubles match along with Dan Evans still holding on.

The end of his brilliant career - what a sportsman

4 Likes

Love it.

Can’t say I’m a huge fan of the BMX (it’s definitely more interesting than skateboarding) but there’s a great story behind the Aussie Saya Sakakibara. Her brother was world champion before a suffering a life changing accident in 2020.

2 Likes

Hi there,
my name is Mike Tyson and I want to let you know that today I feel woman.Just give me a female boxer to destroy.
IOC is on my side after all.

2 Likes

I wonder if they’ve checked Pan Zhanle for webbed toes and fingers?

Trouble is Pete, I think that males duffing up females, and cheats ruining the dreams and hard work of young women, is rather more important than mere sporting spectacle.

Or are you just feeling a bit uncomfortable with discussion of an obviously difficult subject? Because this one won’t go away, no matter how much the IOC or Kirsty Burrows or TRAs or those who’ve been buying into the narrative these past few years want it to.

11 Likes

No not all but I’m generally not interested in discussions about people’s appearances, we can’t all be oil paintings. But my main reason is I know how these conversations generally end up and don’t want it to dominate the thread.

All I asked was just to get back to what the thread was meant to be about, sport.

2 Likes

I can’t believe that almost all competing athletes don’t get paid for their Olympic efforts.
Doing it for the country ???
Perhaps no issue for established individuals, but there are so many semi professionals winning medals going under the radar of the promotional cash cows ending up as unknown and penniless.

Neither am I, but this is about a lot more than appearances, as I think you know…

5 Likes

Aussie women are on fire in 4x200 freestyle relay.

1 Like

Biology, genetics, that sort of silly stuff. And the fact that the Algerian fighter has been disqualified from competing against women by many boxing authorities for being a biological man. Women’s sports should be reserved for women and men should be kept out – especially in potentially dangerous sports like boxing or rugby.

14 Likes

“Female Italian boxer Angela Carini stopped her Olympic bout against her ‘biologically male’ opponent to ‘save my life’.”

Woman’s right actually do matter. More so than sport.

7 Likes

Anyway I hate boxing full stop. :grin:

XY = male…

4 Likes

To my knowledge, no-one ‘official’ is claiming Khelif is transgender. The claims are that Khelif is a man, full stop.

3 Likes

Imane Khelif is not transgender, he is a biological man, with XY chromosones. He might have DSDs, and lived as female most of his life, but has the testosterone levels, muscle mass and bone density of a man and is therefore not fit to fight against women. It is a matter of safety, and this overrides ideology, narrative, the kool-aid or your feelz.

I feel sorry for Khelif, none of this is his/her fault, it’s down to the spineless, thick and ideologically captured at the IOC.

As you say Bruss, Khelif is perfectly entitled to be in this competition; what he/she is not entitled to do is fight females.

And in case you think this will go away, it almost certainly won’t, although it’ll probably take someone to get hurt before the IOC changes its mind.

13 Likes

World Boxing is just as responsible and it’s a sport (if you can call it that) that always seem to be in some form of controversy or another.

This is exactly why I’d like to shutdown this conversation. If you want to open your own thread based on the topic go ahead but as the OP please get back to sport.

Did they have the wrong tyres on?