Paris 2024

I’m looking forward to it … love the variety of sports and the prowess of the athletes (or not).

Enjoying the rugby 7’s.
USA going well up until now.
Ireland’s form also looked promising.
It’s strange not seeing the other home countries.

1 Like

We’re also doing well 3 from 3, but I haven’t checked the overnight scores.

The opening ceremony sounds interesting no stadium.

Edit; we beat the US overnight so 4 from 4.

2 Likes

Gee our Matildas got a spanking from Germany 3 zip. They’re the most supported team in Australia (even more than the current cricket side) but never quite deliver the promise. It’s going to be hard to get into the next stage as they still have the USA side which we have always struggled with.

1 Like

Not that it really matters, but since we had football and rugby sevens on Wednesday and Thursday, plus handball and archery yesterday, doesn’t that somehow take the edge off today’s opening ceremony? :roll_eyes:

Mr. Grumpy.

Oh, we thought we had missed it.

1 Like

No, it’s on today, which means there will be no sporting events held.

So, they’re pausing the sport, in order to hold the “opening” ceremony.

Bonkers.

1 Like

Yes there been a bit of complaining here about that and we’re disadvantaged by time. Weird.

It’s in France :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

We we.

2 Likes

Opening ceremonies should be home around 5-6am your part of the world here it’s 3am.

1 Like

I’m looking forward to the Rugby 7s.

1 Like

Already the same thread running

1 Like

Yep this one’s been here for a couple of weeks, you excited Mr Rooster.

1 Like

Anyone watched Argentina - Marocco?

Yes it was appalling, why does international football bring out the worst in people

1 Like

We’ve got Fiji in the semi, Fiji have never lost an Olympic game.

1 Like

I think Argentina should be banned from football forever. It’s one massive cheating country. Once they have conquered a trophee they start singing racist songs and refuse to congratulate or pay respect to the one they have defeated.

2 Likes

I read that and totally agree, I hate all that nationalism.

2 Likes

Tomorrow, 11 pm here, you will have Australia / Spain, basketball match.