Paris 2024

Don’t watch a lot of baseball but I’ll definitely catch up on that. I love the swimming, we generally do quite well but I don’t care I just like good competitive races.

Have you any events down your way?

Now this is dedication to the cause …
Australian hockey star amputates finger to play at Olympics Hockey star Matt Dawson amputates finger to play at Olympics - BBC News

1 Like

Yes someone just posted the in cafe thread. I’m not sure if I’d be that committed.

1 Like

A report in the Independent says that there is a shortage of eggs and chicken at the Olympic village. Apparently high protein meals are being rationed.

There’s a few countries (won’t mention their names) that are probably running on something else. :wink:

1 Like

I hope to see table tennis, diving, swimming, and beach volleyball.
But as I am mostly outdoor during the day, it will be more on replay I think.

The last swimming world championship, you had the third position. France only 19. Will be hard for us.

1 Like

There was a train railway, fire on cables, this night. Kind of terrorist attack.
It will impact 800 000 travelers today. So a lot coming for the Olympic ceremony.

3 Likes

Where in Paris do you live Rooster, quite central if I remember correctly?:thinking:

1 Like

Versailles. 20 km from.
They announce a catastrophic ceremony. Should be 25/30 cm rain, the equivalent of 15 days rain here.
We will see. Maybe it will be ok.

2 Likes

Really hope it doesn’t rain! Fingers crossed that everything goes well and that it will be a memorable opening.

3 Likes

Well this is one of the more bizarre openings!

I keep getting thoughts of It’s a knockout and now Morcambe & Wise going through my head…

3 Likes

I need drugs to understand this opening.

I’m on them and I’m struggling. God love them for trying but it’s hard to follow

3 Likes

I guess the rain doesn’t help. But i am not sure I am going to sit through 3 hours of this. Who is the guy running around with the flame?

Like the idea of involving the city but seems abit disjointed… think it would have worked better in the dark…looking forward to the sport climbing, shooting, archery and white water events.

1 Like

It’s 4.30am here I couldn’t sleep and have been trying to watch this for over 2 hours. I feel like I am asleep and dreaming. :grin:

5 Likes

Stay awake. I reckon Jonny Bairstow comes on in a minute…

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

I have to confess I missed the Australia boat, I was getting the washing in from the garden. Was the hockey player with the dodgy digit waving the flag?

3 Likes