Paris 2024

History made by Evenepoel in a sensational (double) victory.

Ah yes, Suntory. I once had a small assignment for them, here I am:

There was also some girl with a pearl earring.

1 Like

Just catching up with the gold for the men’s 8. Terrific. Had a good regatta as they say.

4 Likes

In general, yes, but in that OG, I think it’s more Marchand.

Great race. Congrats!

1 Like

Although I had high hopes for Van der Poel, I could not help but cheer for Evenepoel. Sensational indeed!

2 Likes

I’m only aware of the IBA disqualification. However, I think it’s time for all athletes to have a DNA test (if that’s the appropriate test).

It is not about what gender one was assigned at birth as mistakes happen; it’s not about what sex you prefer or identify with; it’s about the science. Sadly, science is not definitive - at the moment.

It’s tricky and political, if that is what vested interests is about. I’m glad I’m not involved in making decisions in sport.

Well done St Lucia on first Olympic medal - gold in women’s 100m!

7 Likes

Loved how she played it stone cold in the semis, absolutely in the zone. Then after the final it all comes out!

2 Likes

Although she is called Alfred so I hope we don’t descend into another unseemly scrap :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Good point, surely should be Alfreda!

2 Likes

Heard this today:

The Olympics, doing amazingly difficult things, that have no useful purpose, better than anyone else in the world.

2 Likes

This would be a great competitive addition to the Olympics.
Spain might have the more experienced contenders, but I can imagine international nappers up for the challenge.
Coverage would be awesome.

4 Likes

:grin:

2 Likes

You are doing well per capita and well in general.

2 Likes

So are you guys.

3 Likes

Canada relying heavily on one 17yr old swimmer, Summer McIntosh! But she’s pretty darn good

6 Likes

She is at that. The whole Aus team centres around our women’s swim team, our medal count will slow down dramatically once swimming finishes.

She’s amazing. And I find the swimming dull.

Felt a bit for Daryll Neita in the 100m. She looked in blistering form and just missed the medals. She’s been there or thereabouts for donkeys now, a proper grafter.

1 Like