Paris 2024

Congratulations to the Ukranians for their Gold in in the fencing!

7 Likes

The men’s road race was superb but the women’s race was different level for me. What a worthy winner Faulkner is. Our riders did well but the top 4 were different class. Great course.

3 Likes

Great race. The top GB rider was Pfeiffer Georgi who came 5th. When our kids were small and a similar age, her family lived across the road from us and we would regularly host the Georgis at ours and they would do likewise for us. It is amazing so many years later to see her do so well at the olympics :grinning: well done Pfeiffer!

5 Likes

That’s a lovely memory :+1:

2 Likes

The crash with 48k to go totally shaped the race - slightly frustrating…

Just watched what I think must be a new event Kayak Cross, 4 competitors in short stubby Kayak canoes launched from a slopping ramp who then have to battle their way down the slalom course with a compulsory Eskimo role thrown in for good measure, bloody brilliant.

2 Likes

Big joy for me today from Errani/Paolini winning the gold medal in tennis.We also got the bronze one from Musetti who was defeated by an historical gyant of tennis called Djokovic.I didn’t know they adopted 10 points tie break so that when Errani/Paolini got 9-7 I made a big jump but then they kept on playing…

3 Likes

Wow, that was tight. Men’s 100 meters. Excellent. Couple of good British efforts in the men’s 1500 & women’s 800. Look forward to tomorrow’s finals.

Swimming seems endless. Far too many medals for doing slight variations on the same thing.

3 Likes

It’s time for it

12 Likes

That’s much more like it.

1 Like

Sarah Sjöström!:1st_place_medal::1st_place_medal::ok_hand::sweden:

1 Like

Great swim. :+1:

1 Like

They should bring back penny farthing racing – which looks friggin awesome:

2 Likes

Yes, she is an incomparably good swimmer and a lovely person, always as positive, joyful and stubbornly looking for new challenges despite her long swimming career. A joy to behold :ok_hand::smiley:

1 Like

We don’t mind losing to the Swedes. :grin:

1 Like

Yes, Meg Harris swam an incredibly strong race :+1::smiley:And she is still only at the beginning of her career, who knows how far she can go!

1 Like

You think they would’ve had a net to catch the rubbish floating down the Seine. Looks great the swimmers swimming past cans and stuff.

1 Like

People are falling ill thru swimming in it.

1 Like

Canoe cross. New to the games. Unsurprisingly in France the home of Jeux sans frontières.

2 Likes

Saw Pauline Basquin on the horse dressage competition.
His horse was dancing in rhythm on the Stromae singer track. It was entertaining.