Paul Weller

Glad Times from Paul’s new record Fat Pop Vol 1 recorded live at Noel Gallagher’s Studio and part of a 5 track studio session to be released soon.

I know I’m particularly biased but how good is this?

1 Like

From last Summer’s fantastic On Sunset another killer tune, More.

1 Like

And another, The Soul Searchers from True Meanings.

3 Likes

These City Streets from Saturns Pattern

2nd track from the Fat Pop live session - Shades of Blue

From Heavy Soul - Science

Live version of Picking Up Sticks from Heliocentric. I saw this live a few times and Steve White’s drum solo was always incredible. A Jazz drummer at heart he really lets fly and the noise really went through you a top, top musician.

Here is Steve talking about Cafe Blue on his Lo-Fi sessions.

My thanks to the contributors on this thread. I have no knowledge of the Jam or Style Council ( though now I will explore ) but have watched some of the clips and listened to some solo releases online and am enjoying them very much. So thanks again. Jeff A

No problem I’m glad you are enjoying the selections all I would say is dig deep into this Man’s back catalogue there is some of the best rock, pop, soul music of the past 40 years in there.

1 Like

Some really glowing revues for Fat Pop in the music press can’t wait to hear it my copy is being delivered tomorrow.

Going Places from Illumination

Just been listening to sound samples of the black and translucent vinyl pressings of Fat Pop on Juno records.
Some really alarming what sounds like scratches on tracks 2, 3 & 4.
The translucent yellow vinyl sounds dull and muddy compared to the black pressing.
Be interested to hear what other members find when they have the physical vinyl in hand.
Edit I contacted Juno who said they would investigate and change the sound files, fine if it’s an issue with the file, but it sounded like the pressing, so not fine if they change the file to sample the clean parts of the record
:heart:

I find the yellow “indie exclusive” to be quite poor SQ, too.

Reverted to streaming it. Love the album.

1 Like

Thanks Charles,
Likewise enjoying the album, not diving in to the vinyl right now though, glad I didnt pre order, disappointing
:heart:

Firstly I think the packaging is really nice the sleeve is designed to look like an old Tip On Sleeve with the corners folded over and really like the cover art too. Inside there is a nice inner with more graphics though you’ll need an anti static sleeve for the record though mine fits inside the inner nicely then the lyrics and inner notes are printed on the back of a folded full size poster reproducing the cover art. I’ve actually bought an A5 lithograph print of the cover for my music room over in Spain where I’m lucky enough to have a ‘hobby’ room.

Now to the actual record I opted for the black version which unless it’s unavailable I always do and so far and I’ve only listened to side 2 I’m very happy with it I compared it quickly with the Tidal stream and though also pretty good I do prefer the record.

Finally the most important part the songs which are excellent both musically and lyrically very strong he’s done it again and delivered Weller is and always was a master of the 3 min record and here he has produced a whole raft of them. His voice just seems to get better and better and again the musicianship is second to none so do yourselves a favour and have a listen.

1 Like

Here’s Testify from the LP.

I think this is an amazing choon. Not overstated or under just a perfect coming together. Love this choon

Atb
Kk

1 Like

The rest of the LP is pretty good the title track Fat Pop and Glad Times are quite similar.

z