Pics ‘From the Listening Position’

Not to worry, i’m 52 and still have a similar issue to my wife’s horror.

1 Like

Yes you are right we don’t see many QAcoustics products on the forum but heck they make great music with Naim Gear. Had my Concept 20 for nearly six years and all servicing of Naim Gear noticeable through these little marvels. Brilliant for small rooms like ours with very natural rendition of vocals and acoustic guitar. Whole system never fails to bring a tear on material like Mary Chapin Carpenter especially the acoustic One Night Lonely set.

3 Likes

54 Likes

Deciding where the tall person install should go for the Alabama 3

6 Likes

Pic from bed lol. Sorry, no green boots.

28 Likes

I listen in the bedroom too!

23 Likes

Albeit from the floor

1 Like

My current listening situation: the new Supernait 3 is in, but the ND5XS2 is pending, dealer seems to have issues with lead times. However, one great thing about the Unitiserve: it features Internet Radio so I can stream not only my CD collection but also Internet Radio stations through my TV to the SN3.
Obviously a compromise soundwise, but better than nothing. Cross fingers for the ND5XS2 to arrive soon!

22 Likes

Forgot my dragonfly and headphones so have bought some nasty cheapo phone headphones to get through a day on my own down in Exmouth.

12 Likes

I’ve been a good boy so get to listen from the bed at night lol. I have another system in a small listening room but do enjoy some mellow music to “fall asleep to” when the time comes.

3 Likes

Nice neat set-up. I can’t make it out for sure but is that a Tacima filtered mains block or similar? If so then I strongly urge you to dispose of it and replace with an unfiltered block. Even a very basic mass-market block is likely to do less horrible things to the sound.

Ha! To tell you the truth I prefer listening from the floor. There is something meditative about it.

1 Like

Just finished dinner and enjoying Miles Davis on the iPad and Sony bluetooth headphones with an ice-cold Moretti overlooking Sennen Cove on holiday in Cornwall. Its a hard life, but hey, someone has to do it.

31 Likes

There are not many views finer than this, enjoy.

:beers:

2 Likes

32 Likes

I have twice posted in this thread following our house move. It has been seven months but the work is now complete.

Decoration finished and new furniture in place - Happy Days!! I have spent a couple of days reinstalling the system and fiddling with speaker position. I am reminded how critical a few cm are, it still amazes me.

Photos not quite from the listening position but I hope this gives a clear view of our arrangement. The ceiling and surround speakers are also in place.

I celebrated by playing my favourite piece of music - Side Black of Queen II. Sounding excellent and already better than my system has been before, separation of instruments (and layers of guitar in Ogre Battle) are simply superb. Worth moving just for this! TV picture (LG OLED) really pops against the dark wall.

27 Likes

Nice room.

1 Like

Thank you @bruss. I am particularly fond of the ‘deconstructed’ shelving (‘Konk’ from Bristol). They were tweaked to our room size.

1 Like

Clever use of SBL stands Grumpy. Never seen that before.

1 Like

83 Likes