Pics ‘From the Listening Position’

New PMCs look at home, and sound like they have been there longer than 1 day.

Wide angle makes them look further than 3m away.

View is of the North Sea / Thames estuary.

52 Likes

Thats the last pic from that particular dez rez before a change of circumstances. Currently slumming it with a couple of Sonos and my iphone/headphones until i sort a new house!!

Last of 2023 light

.sjb

48 Likes

Why is it that shortly after you order some new speakers that your existing ones never sounded so good?

SN3 and Ls50 Metas sounding absolutely spectacular tonight.

29 Likes

Streaming, The World is a Game, by Mystery, after consigning the decorations to the loft for another year.

Cheers,

Ian

35 Likes

Just played Scoundrel Days on the LP12, now Chick Corea/Mothership on the Sony 9000…

30 Likes

I love that album! I attended the press conference in Berlin in 2015 at the Nordic Embassies when A-ha announced their comeback. It was mayhem outside and the journalists went nuts. I can only imagine how it must have been for The Beatles.

6 Likes

Happy New Year to all!
I listen Terry Callier Time Peace with cd5si on 272/xpsdr, 250dr and Focal 1028be sub BK… Superb album!

33 Likes

Thanks for the info RWC :+1:
The violinist is indeed very positive about the new 802 D4 model

Let me guess: do you live in the Netherlands?
Or in Sweden, after seeing your beautiful fireplace?

1 Like

They love their boss!

1 Like

A truly fine picture!

Super!

1 Like

I love Collings guitar!

2 Likes

Heading out for a late night session.

34 Likes

Thank you. It was my 50th birthday present… that was 14 years ago!

Christmas has past but I’ve kept the imitation roses and lights around the fireplace creating a nice ambient feeling whilst listening to music.

19 Likes

Thanks Schubert. We live in the Netherlands, but I’ve worked 4 years for Ericsson in Sweden and in memory of that great time and a bit of payback for what the company did, I got a fireplace imported from Sweden. Costly, but I would sign the contract again even if the fireplace costs twice for what I payed for it.

The next ‘thanksgiving’ project is going to be a Victorian green house in memory for my 4 and a bit years at big London company. This may take a few years to get it done since it easily tops 30k to do.

Stay alive and remain on this forum and you’ll see in a few years.

7 Likes

Don’t the neighbours complain?!

Not that I’ve heard, but it’s quite loud.

3 Likes