Pics ‘From the Listening Position’

Best of album, All Over The World.

1 Like

Just chillin’ with a bit of jazz on the terrace in the late afternoon sun.

49 Likes

I’ve only been to Wolverhampton once, but it seems to have changed a little :grinning:

11 Likes

:joy::rofl:

We’ve gone south for the winter. As lovely as Wolverhampton is, it just doesn’t get enough sun at this time of year.

2 Likes

From Italy…

92 Likes

A very nice room there.

3 Likes

I did wonder about your 17degrees heat comment of Flapjack and Cappuccino !

2 Likes

Very stylish :grinning:

1 Like

Very observant. :+1:

As the text shows, that was Karajan’s last ever recording, after his relations with the Berliner Philharmoniker had broken down irretrievably over his attempt to introduce a female wind player (Sabine Mayer?) into the orchestra. He rather fell on his feet, making his last appearances and recordings with the Wiener Philharmonliker.

2 Likes

The whole room looks great. Almost didn’t see those Proacs there.

Ryan Adams is in the living room.
Horn speakers it is. I do not think I ever will go back to conventional speakers. This is better - for me.

29 Likes

Welcome. Lovely and cosy room there.

1 Like

If you made those loudspeakers yourself, I’m very impressed indeed.

They sure as heck don’t look homemade.

A friend of mine made them. We made different versions from 2020 to 2022. A furniture maker (who is an audiophile and also build some custom hifi product in addidion to the normal workload) made the boxes.

Here are some earlier versions.

This is the rear. They are not complete yet. Will install a dedicated tweeter and som aluminium parts this year.

18 Likes

Goodness, I think that I’m doing well when I change a fuse in a plug!

4 Likes

Early Friday morning view after getting through the first week back to work after Christmas etc.

29 Likes

@ the pool Gran Canaria for much needed winter sun with my lady.

Listening to Peter Gabriel’s excellent new album via Roon Arc on my iPhone through a Dragonfly
Black dac into my amazing KZ ATE in ears (thanks Darko)

20 Likes

i like your idea of work space with lovely valves and whiskey… you have work/ life balance sussed.

3 Likes

I try my best :grinning: Today doesn’t feel that balanced, heavily weighted towards the “Life” side of the scale. Just recovering from covid so feeling a bit knackered so more of a listening day. The whisky is safe for now… I think that would put me to sleep :joy:

1 Like