Pics ‘From the Listening Position’

Trialing an Edifier T5 subwoofer with the Spendors. Not sure I’ve got the settings/positioning right yet, but a definite improvement even so.
Edit: Actually, that’s bloody amazing. Sat listening and thinking “Well, it’s subtle, but I think I can hear a difference”, then I walked over and turned the sub’s volume to zero…the bass just disappeared, never realised how much detail was missing. For £129, that’s the most cost effective upgrade since I put a new belt on the P3.

25 Likes

I guess you listen to Gustav Holst - Tha Planets sporting that rug.

12 Likes

I think of it more as a still from an early Floyd oil- wheel! :joy::joy:

1 Like

What’s the weather down there this time of year? Just had lunch with a mate who heads down your way for a month this weekend.

My daughter lives in Kamloops, BC, Canada.

Significant threat to life or property

-40 to -50 with windchill.

9 Likes

Hope all remains well with your daughter, Andreas.

3 Likes

Hibernation, the only answer!

1 Like

Thanks Rigsby,

My daughter has lived much further north and with her profession, can deal with weather.

Having said that, I called to ensure she had the fuels & supplies needed to hold out for a week just to be sure.

Thanks again.

I appreciate the way the light from the lamp barely touches the external corners of the paintings. It cannot be casual.

What does she do, lumberjack? :astonished:

3 Likes

Macca looks annoyed at my failure to adhere to Dry January.

44 Likes

With a frown like that, the only answer is to pour another glass !

2 Likes

I can’t say I’d noticed it before. We just put the light there and that was that.

You should have given a trigger warning for the glass of wine - it’s bringing on my Dry January Friday night salivation…

2 Likes

To paraphrase Macca (via Picasso), “drink to me​​, you know I can’t drink anymore.”

2 Likes

Cosy night in with ‘The Traitors’.

G

21 Likes

Ha
Most people ask if she plants trees.

Her career is more environmental/political and working with indigenous peoples.

2 Likes

Ah. Excellent stuff! My daughter wants to do something in the same ballpark when she finishes uni.

Your Lumberjack comment wasn’t too far off. (-:

A snippet from her profile.

Honours Bachelor of Science in Forestry “experience in field operations, permitting, forestry policy and legislation, as well as Indigenous engagement.
A Registered Professional Forester (RPF) with Forest Professionals British Columbia (FPBC).

My daughter loves her career.

8 Likes

Love this every time I see it!

1 Like