Pics ‘From the Listening Position’

Can I ask who the artist is? Has a look of Dominic Kennedy about it.

2 Likes

It most certainly is!

25 Likes

You think it’s better than 40 active?

My remote count beats it … love being a remote maniac :blush:

1 Like

That is a long room

Zauber der Stille :blush:
I am from Germany, but reading was never my kind - not even in school

1 Like

It‘s a book about the romantic age painter Caspar David Friedrich.

2 Likes

Remote count… is this like the number of black boxes?

7 Likes

Nice!

Me too, i did once buy a really nice ‘all in one’ remote, complete with lcd screen etc, but my wife couldn’t figure it out, so instead of reducing the number of remotes we actually added to it!!

5 Likes

Yup… tried that as well… nope!

1 Like

4.1 x 4.1 metres. Maybe it’s the lens on my iPhone playing tricks!

I spent some time with a pair of scm40s a couple of years ago, and the actives did sound very good, but they couldn’t match the grip and control of the passives driven by a 300DR. The low end improvement was the most obvious, but there was also improved midband clarity and a bit of extra HF extension.
Perhaps not entirely surprising given that the 300DR alone costs more than the active 40s, and I can only assume that the 350s improve things even further.

Some who had 300dr and 40 preferred and bought 40A…

WOW how do you know Dom?

1 Like

There is a big story behind this - It’s a commission by me from Dom. He was the best man at my wedding back in the 90s and he promised me a painting. We used to draw together when we were young. Life took over and we saw each other now and then - the painting was forgot. Later down the line I reminded him he owed me… LOLs given that his work had progressed both in scale and price I commissioned this. I worked to choose a palette with him and he created. I have all of the photos of the stages of development. Dom is one of my fave people on earth.

3 Likes

I know his father well, and have a few of his works. We also have a piece by Dom, but not the same scale as yours😀 I went to Dom’s exhibition at the Fold Gallery and really enjoyed his large pieces.

9 Likes

Back to the tread topic……

27 Likes

Ha well well it’s a small world! I know the Kennedy family well - dom and I used to take a little too much advantage of Michael’s whiskey! Here’s a shot of dom and I at 18 sketching near their home!

4 Likes