Pics ‘From the Listening Position’

Derailing the thread again. Did you live in NAG?

Yer - I grew up there Michael and Jan were like my second family.

1 Like

My other!

18 Likes

We lived in the village from 1983 - 2018. I’m part of NAGarts (Michael is a great supporter) and have been part of NAG-fi (group of music and hifi enthusiasts) since we moved to the village. Shame our paths haven’t crossed😀

Where or what is NAG?

New Ash Green. Either an idyllic 430 acre private estate, or failed social experiment. That’s definitely a different thread.

2 Likes

Lols I studied it. I was there 81-97. Nice to meet you! Dom says hi btw.

2 Likes

Just for fun, a sort of “from the listening positron” when we lived in NAG

25 Likes

Not dissimilar to the system pic photo I posted the other week but this is the view from my listening position with the added benefit of some early morning sunshine and some daffodils

36 Likes

Those daffodils are mightily impressive. Is it a new variety?

3 Likes

Must be a Hybrid Daffodil/Tulip variety😉

1 Like

Oh wow… that’s fabulous! :sunglasses:

Love a black Fraim, very cool with white speakers.

2 Likes

It’s a good job I know a bit more about HiFi than I do about flowers as they are clearly tulips!!

3 Likes

I’ve noticed a black Fraim goes with anything. Even if you hate black. I always find that some things I dislike in isolation (like the colours yellow and beige) work brilliantly in certain contexts.

I’m terrified of trying a black rack (though I had one in the distant past). But in pics, it’s clearly the Persian rug of racks; goes with anything.

1 Like

True, but it works the other way round also. Fortunate, if you’re completely NAIM-centred…:smiling_face:

16 Likes

It’s too nice a day to have the doors closed, but the sacrifice is Bass when you have them open🫤

25 Likes

I very nearly bought the exact same blue Ikea Persian rug. Went with the lighter blue one seconds before clicking to confirm.

Hope the neighbours like Rush :wink:

4 Likes

I am sick to death of UK members posting images of the wonderful weather where they are.

Since mid-October it has rained almost everyday here in Cornwall and either been cold or windy as well.

I am sitting indoors with the gas fire on at the moment. It stopped raining mid-morning & is merely cold & breezy now…

6 Likes