Pics ‘From the Listening Position’

A couple of pics, the first is a snap from the listening position

The second is the image enlarged to give a better representation of how I see the speakers from the sofa

28 Likes

I was supposed to be watching this at the Cliffs Pavillion, Southend, this evening. Instead I get an email telling me the tour has been cancelled with immediate effect and we’ll get a refund, thank you very much.

Bloody tough business to be in. All those poor sods now looking for another job, both on stage and behind the scenes.

4 Likes

A very rainy day in County Durham, so decamped to the gym for some Turbo Training in sunny Holland!

Listening to Screen Violence by Chvrches, a great workout album.

IMG_4453

11 Likes

Listening to Stephen Fretwell Lines EP on Airpod pro thingies over Arc from Roon in my local, after lovely lunch with nephew & family. Room to myself for the moment, so not as antisocial as it sounds.

33 Likes

Looks like a very civilised local, enjoy 8)

1 Like

How did you get the room to yourself? Did you start explaining the differences between NC and OC preamps?

5 Likes

Possibly another variety of hot air ? Who knows…. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Still absolutely loving my Sara’s.

37 Likes

You appear to have a room about the same size as mine which is 7ft 8 x 11ft 2.
I love my small room, it makes for an incredibly engaging listen. You will need to do a lot of tweaking to speaker positioning and moving your listening chair back and forth to dial in a good sound. I found that putting the speakers into the corners didn’t work for me, the bass was overwhelming. My Linn Sara’s are about 7-10cm from the wall with about 10 degrees of toe in. Bass is well extended and controlled.

11 Likes

You’re right, corners are different entity in terms of acoustics vs the wall, speakers should be specifically designed to work well in the corners. Some Audio Note therefore:

24 Likes

Listened to this today at my dealer. First time I heard Naim with Focal. Really good, I must say.

33 Likes

Back seat for coffee and Dizzy Reece this morning

33 Likes

Enjoying the faboulus warm weather at my cottage.
Muso QB2 on duty, playing Airbag «All rights removed»

53 Likes

Great view, some wine, good sound and a super album - can’t ask for much more than that!

1 Like

Minimal equipment but enough to enjoy music while one is abroad. Too early for wine. @tmb , can you guess where i am?

16 Likes

I still find tubes incredibly fascinating.

1 Like

Hi @Matthegerman It is very difficult to see from the picture😊 Please enlighten us.

Regards

tmb

1 Like

45 minutes before disembarking in Kirkenes

2 Likes

Very nice! Enjoy your holyday!
I live in the western part, 2,5h from Bergen.

Regards
tmb

1 Like

All Cyrus in this room at the moment Naim in another room. Good to have a choice

40 Likes