Pics ‘From the Listening Position’

I’ll let it go as it has to be possible overkill for background music and hearing people on Zoom/Teams meetings! :joy:

I love the Ruarks. In terms of bang for buck there’s nothing to touch them. Interestingly with them operating in Aux mode from the DAC-V1, and positioned as they are on my 25mm plywood desk, there is no need for a subwoofer. If I was being picky, they actually are a little boomy like this.

1 Like

The Ruarks are great performers for the money. Here’s my desktop setup with the aforementioned stands. They should certainly remove any excessive bass being reflected from the table top and being available from Amazon, can be returned if not. I’ve no skin in the game here, just found them to be very worthwhile.

15 Likes

Ely Cathedral for an evening of Bond music entitled From Connery to Craig

23 Likes

Nils Frahm was amazing

20 Likes

I recently found this picture from circa 2001…near field listening.
Who can spot the error in the setup in this picture???

14 Likes

Lower foam is upside down.

3 Likes

No idea what the error is, but its a cracking album

1 Like

Not sure it’s an error, but you haven’t guarded against the “long bicycle saddle” effect…

2 Likes

my listing position hifi sounding fantastic.

23 Likes

I like the Yamaha amp with the VU meters, it looks understated next to the McIntosh

Bloody dogs :rofl::rofl:

23 Likes

Same here

25 Likes

Awwwwe. How could you be upset with that face?

1 Like

For all LED ZEPPELIN fans please take a while to visit TIGHT BUT LOOSE website https://tightbutloose.co.uk/ you won’t disappointed

Forgive my curiosity but you are from Southend ? Perhaps during the early Seventies did you attend some rock shows in Southend area ? I am looking to fidn collectors / rock fans who attend some GENTLE GIANT shows played in Southend On Sea - Kursaal Ballroom in 1970/1971. Thanks for your kindly attention

I live in Leigh on Sea now but in 1971 I was 5 years old and living in Norfolk so, sadly, my recollection of the Gentle Giant shows is somewhat hazy. :grin:

3 Likes

I am a huge Zep fan, but when I click your link it says something about stealing my financial information , and to go back…a little sketchy.
What am I supposed to be seeing?

www.tightbutloose.co.uk is a website run by English fan Dave Lewis (greatest expert and books/magazines author about LED ZEPPELIN)
Anyway searching for keywords DAVE LEWIS LED ZEPPELIN TIGHT BUT LOOSE Website you wil find the link too.
Thanks again and forgive I have created confusion. Sorry

1 Like

Cambridge Arts Theatre for Joe Orton’s What The Butler Saw

9 Likes