Pics ‘From the Listening Position’

Update of system to White active SCM40’s / NSS333 / NAC 332

79 Likes

Spent some time this Saturday morning repositioning the Contour 60 speakers, after re-viewing the very useful Dynaudio video Q&As from them by Otto and co.

I’ve gone for a re-postioning nearer the walls, trying to stick as near as possible to their ‘rule of fifths’ and with a bit more toe-in.

So far, the sound-stage/stereo positioning seems to have improved a bit and the bass is clear. A bit more space in the room too.

After 5 mins of listening this is a significant improvement. This is the first speaker adjustment with 552DR.

31 Likes

Garden evening with wine and BBQ.

20 Likes

Radio music :grin:

You got me! :smile::man_dancing:

Still amazed by the sound coming from this tiny beautiful B&O speaker.

3 Likes

Obviously not my normal listening position, but I do love sitting outside when the weather’s fine with the windows open. Surprisingly very good SQ, assisted by the occasional glass!

32 Likes

And those look like Pioneer headphones, just like the ones I had from the 70’s!

Kiss by Tom Jones, sounds amazing!

My usual “From the Listening Position” posture is less commercial.

Sorry for the crap photos, can’t afford a better phone.

16 Likes

Spirited Away at the London Coliseum on Saturday.

In Japanese with subtitles. Amazingly seamless experience and wonderfully staged and performed.

6 Likes

Liking your Kitler :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Love that film :+1:
Literally watched Spirited Away dozens of times over, when our kids were younger
It’s so clever.

1 Like

We have very similar systems Dan. Which PS do you run with you 282, 1x HC, 2x HC or SC?

1 Like

Unfortunately, with a shoe sized alternative crappy one, until I can score a HiCapDR or a SupercapDR. For those after detail and sound stage enhancements, it might be a decent interim, but it just kills the music in my opinion.

Playing with toe-in. Just enough and no more.

G

35 Likes

Speakers or your feet…! :wink:

1 Like

You got it!

G

1 Like

I expect that they hum at the very least :grinning:

2 Likes

8 Likes

Staying at Ridge Farm, near Dorking, for my nephew’s wedding! Was once a recording studio and I’ve managed to get these speakers fired up!

47 Likes

Coming out of the other end of a pretty nasty divorce, got what’s left of my kit out of storage yesterday and set up the simplest system imaginable : JBL L52’s and a beaten up old Gen 1 Sonos Amp.

I had to sell my Naim kit.

Sounds mighty fine.

51 Likes