Pics ‘From the Listening Position’

I think that deserves a “lol” :grinning:

Ha!

A work colleague and I were staying in Naples and on this particular day were due to fly up to Bologna later that morning on the ‘11:53’ flight. Breakfasting on the roof terrace, we’d see the planes overhead after take off. ‘That’ll be us soon’, I remarked.

Arriving at the airport in good time, we handed our tickets over, only to be met with a shake of the head. 1153 was actually the flight number for a plane that had left at 08:30…exactly when I’d remarked ‘That’ll be us soon’ to the one seen overhead.

To top it all, the most protracted ‘Planes, trains and automobiles’ saga then ensued trying to get to Bardi. A series of ‘just missed’ connections meant an overnight stay in Ravenna and arrival at our destination 36h late.

Fun though.

G

11 Likes

I see your Day early at the Airport and raise you a Wrong Hospital for The Pre-Hospitalization. They were the whole town apart, I mistook San Carlo for San Paolo. I was hospitalized however. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Similar thing happened to my pal’s son only last week. Was returning to UK from travelling for the summer, turned up at Nakita airport in Tokyo only to be told he was 24hrs late. 48hrs later and dent to his farthers credit card he caught a flight back.

4 Likes

Beside trying to check in the hotel a day too early and trying to attend a concert the day after, I managed too say loud and clear “yes” at the wrong moment during my mariage ceremony at the townhall. I was partly excused because there were simultanous translations during the ceremony, but qt the end everybody was convinced I wanted to start the party some earlier.

3 Likes

New stair with old DBL :wink:

40 Likes

How many DBLs were made?

Not enough :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

They where made from 1991 through 2008. 17 years of production maybe a pair a month makes roughly 200 pairs, probably less … but just my personal guess

Hi Veltliner,

would you mind telling me the size of the reflective part inside the larger Room Tune on the right side of your listening room? For some reason I no longer have the filling that was in mine, only the fabric is left.

Must get a replacement radiator…

19 Likes

How big is the room?

I would of thought all that kit would keep the room at an ambient temp :rofl:

1 Like

Current setup.

21 Likes

I was about 10 rows left of you.

looking great Tim! :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

Hi Mulberry,

the inside is 115 x 17 cm. Don’t ask me what it is. Michael Green guarded it like the Coca Cola formula.

1 Like

Hope you enjoyed the music more than the seats :wink:

My wife did.
Bit too much heavy bass for me.

1 Like

@GrumpyOLDvinylJUNKY Yeah, the large bay window is still single-glazed (and North-facing) and there’s no heating in there, so…