Pics ‘From the Listening Position’

I would definitely keep the Ercol, timeless style.

2 Likes

That’s nice. What is it? My challenge is that I have a maximum width of 80cm; the Kallax is 77cm.

This one’s a bit too wide at 101cm, but they have others.

Hope this helps.

DG…

1 Like

I personally think this Urban Editions one is the nicest of all the ones mentioned. Nicer than the one with the other legs, and IMO the Ercol. But different strokes for different folks. Just get what you (and Mrs HH) think looks best and ignore what anyone here says.

Thanks for the comments. I promise not to post any more pictures of furniture, which I’m sure will be a relief to many.

1 Like

This is a smaller version of the one we have and is less than 80cm wide.

Good solid quality too.

DG…

1 Like

I don’t know, I think it’s quite refreshing to be discussing elegant furniture. Maybe you should open a specific thread.

4 Likes

That could be fun, and potentially interesting to those who’d rather not have a pukka hifi rack. In the meantime I’m trying a different solution. It’s only an old Laura Ashley lamp base that had been in the sitting room years ago and was relegated upstairs, but it doesn’t crowd the Atom as much. Let’s see what Mrs HH thinks.

9 Likes

Do you need a lamp on that table HH? I’d consider ditching the lamp and if needed in that corner looking for a suitable standard lamp. The Ercol is too good to lose and pairs well with the Naim.

6 Likes

Nice idea

This light from Original BTC would work IMO

2 Likes

I still think it looks crowded. As others have said I’d look for a floor standing lamp if you decide to stick with the Ercol. Personally I’m fond of the Artemide Tolomeo (by Michele De Lucchi & Giancarlo Fassina).

That does look good as it demands less space and fits round the Atom. But it’s not as attractive as the previous lamp, which bore an art deco influence.

Or no floor or table light at all and just use the wall light. It’s the simplest solution.

9 Likes

Agree, but if you replace it with something else (a bird) you still have the same issue. Removing the light is about creating space, not darkness.

1 Like

Perhaps a nice Headphone stand with a lovely pair of Meze Empyrean II’s on it😉

8 Likes

No it needs to sit on that table on its own. Two singular design statements presented well.

4 Likes

I was just throwing in a system element for fun Bruss😉

2 Likes

That leaves room for a glass of wine. In a Riedel glass of course. Another good design.

4 Likes

This looks the best, and I would go without the bird. The wall light looks good and the Atom HE by itself is enough. Looks very classy and simple that way. A few books underneath looks great.

1 Like

I think you would need a UK manufacturers design to keep the theme.