Pics ‘From the Listening Position’

Loose the bird (nice as it is) and leave the Atom on it’s own. This give the table and HiFi more presence in the room, anything on that table just creates clutter, plus as you mention it then leaves ample room for a glass of your best vino.

Sometimes less is more.

I do like the single box set-up, just not for me at this moment.

2 Likes

Thanks Dan. I remember a few of us advising you on your room, and the next thing we knew you’d taken a saw to your sofa! At least no one has suggested cutting up my little table.

2 Likes

Indeed Nigel,

It wasn’t so long ago, July 2023 in preparation for three stacks of Fraim and the big Sopra 2s.

Been alot of changes to the room, including different TV, different TV unit and moving furniture and adding larger record storage.

It wouldn’t have been possible without ditching the 2nd sofa. Only downside is sometimes guests have to sit on the floor!

6 Likes

Managed to get those speakers in by myself, reversing the van tight to front door and then pivoting them in. Walked them in and then the room was really transformed with better speakers.

FWIW I think it was best the way you had it originally inc table & lamp

2 Likes

Feel like I’ve been flicking through a lifestyle thread. How nice to see how relaxed folk are now about a bit of thread drift. Refreshing.

5 Likes

Did you lose a quid down the back of the sofa Dan

12 Likes

:rofl:

Tbh, I started off recolouring the sofa but wasn’t happy with the finish :rofl: Decided to take more drastic action!

The sofa was on the way out. I had to cut it into pieces to get it out. I got the soafs in by going round the back of next doors house and over the fence. It won’t fit through the front door as the turning circle is too tight. Took half an hour to demolish it in a frenzy using handsaw and knives!

1 Like

I like them,our audio systems and collection are an important part of our lounges and it is important that they blend in as seamlessly as possible

1 Like

That’s the look, elegant and understated

I don’t usually do suggestions, but since this is not an audio rack anymore, why not sit the Atom on the lower shelf of the lovely table? Does it really need to be in full sight?

1 Like

What was wrong with this lamp? I find it weird that many suggest giving then Atom all the space on the table… I’d put the lamp back and the Atom below, but it’s just me.

5 Likes

I bought a huge bean bag to solve the guest problem. Mrs. FZ was non plussed (being over 40 and having a bean bag is not acceptable apparently) and made me put the hideous thing in the bedroom instead. Of course now some of her more recent seating decisions are starting to make more sense :sweat_smile:

@HungryHalibut I see some have suggested cottage industry sellers on Etsy. I’ve had great luck with handmade wood and metal craft on that from some very talented people in Poland and the Middle East and Africa. I’ve got the same IKEA thing in my office (long version) mainly due to cost. But it’s not what I really wanted. Hold out for what you really like.

It’s a nice idea but one of the reasons for the Atom was so it could go on top. Very often we need to turn the volume down when we have dinner and it’s easier with the Atom in the top. Having the Nova on the bottom was always a pain, and it’s now much easier. It’s also easier to see the volume setting when it’s on the top. So in the battle of Atom vs BTC, the Atom wins on this occasion.

1 Like

Good question.

QuickSticks answered that question earlier in the thread at around 3361.

Yes I saw his answer but my point was it was a damn good question in the first place.

Keep the budgie, move the atom to the shelf below and use the app to control it.

Sorry, I meant to reply to bhoyo.
Your supplementary question could be answered by the fact that their current tour only included one UK date and the same in various countries across Europe. Probably easier and as profitable for them to play in 1/2 to 3/4 full O2 than play 5 or 6 venues across the UK.