Pics ‘From the Listening Position’

Don’t the subs vibrate the table/shelf?

Spring is almost there, and Elton.
Have a great weekend everybody.

33 Likes

No, not at all

1 Like

To me, it’s very (nice) and 1960’s feel. I could imagine Patrick McGoohan (the Prisoner) or Wanda Ventham (UFO) being in a space like that.

5 Likes

I think Blue Moves was his last good album. But the first eight or so were sublime and his eponymous and perhaps Madman my favourites.

Lovely room Matt.

5 Likes

Thanks, lots of memories in this room. I am not an Elton enthusiast but i really liked this one. And GYBR is of course one of the greatest albums of all time. Really good production as well

3 Likes

Also a favourite listening position of mine. This tiny ‚Soundmatters Foxl Dash‘ speaker sounds remarkable. 110% PRAT, amazing resolution and loud enough to permanently disrupt the relationship with the neighbours. And Lazanja plays with my drugs…

13 Likes

Wonderful looking room @Veltliner. Interesting point regarding having a visual input as you listen. For a long time I’ve wondered about getting a large pull down screen and a projector to cast appropriately complimentary images in front of me - behind the plane of the speakers of course - as I listen.
My plan has always been that these would be still images, but moving options are always there. Im convinced that what you see strongly influences the way you hear the music and how deeply you appreciate and experience it, but conventional full on video tips the balance too far in the direction of the visuals. It needs to be subtle with its enhancements. It’s a future project I’m keen to investigate.

1 Like

Picked up a new SupercapDR this afternoon around 4:00 PM. Brought it home and shut down the system and removed the HiCapDR and installed the SCDR. I then let it sit for a few hours to have the box reach room temperature since it felt a bit cooler when I unpacked it.

Sitting down now at 9:00 PM and taking Billy Valentine’s ‘And The Universal Truth’ out for a spin…

39 Likes

In most cases the inevitable 252 follows…

5 Likes

:+1:

1 Like

Proac works best without toe in? (not your toes)

1 Like

Trying the kans in the smaller room powered by the 250dr.

34 Likes

Just finished a move and set up in the new place. Have a small bedroom for a listening room again which is nice.

55 Likes

Absolutely loving my new classics…

43 Likes

In my experience with using the D30RS speakers in two different room they do not need toe-in. When I had a pair of ProAC D2D stand mount speakers I did have then positioned with a very slight toe-in.

1 Like

Very nice. Simple and classy. And really love the division bell pic.

1 Like

Thank you, @KJC. I think it’s exactly like that. Until a while ago, it would have been unthinkable for me to turn on the TV while listening to music to see the ‘picture of the song’. Roon changes the pictures, mostly the artists, while the song is playing and I find that quite inspiring. (Anyway, I don’t like to see lyrics, we’re not in a karaoke bar.) You experience music a bit more intensely that way, I think. But I have to confess that the TV is switched off most of the time when I listen to music and covered with a thick cloth, because in my room the uncovered big screen has an audible effect on the acoustics.

1 Like

Whatever happened to Maverick Sabre? I have the CD somewhere. Haven’t played it in ages.

This is a rerelease of the original album for which he’ll actually earn some income this time around. He had a big fallout with his record company I believe, hence him being off the radar for some time. A great album recorded at 45rpm and sounds fantastic!

1 Like