Pics ‘From the Listening Position’

I’ve just looked those speakers up I may have to get a demo if I can. I’ll be interested in any further feedback on your experience with them.

Rhum.

Norwegian doughnuts actually. Different recipie and they are boiled in lard. Dangerously good.

I’ll be round in five minutes :grinning:

2 Likes

Nice coasters and table mats for the drink and donuts.

2 Likes

It is not something a normally do, but the times they are a-changin when I pull out the Nait 1.

2 Likes

I went to the Düsseldorf and Dublin. Both fantastic and the sound was second to none.

More tour dates were announced this week for early 2024 tour.

What hornsspeaker are those?

DBO (Done by others)
A friend of mine have made these from the ground up. Built at a furniture maker.
Slot load open baffle (2x15" and 2x12" in each cabinet) up to 1000Hz. Radian 4" beryllium compression driver from 1000Hz. Will install a tweeter later.

They are made in Valcromat and MDF with ash veneer and the horn/front are painted in Jotun 9938.
Will also have a carlson resonator in aluminium made for the rear. This will give close to 2dB more output in the midbass.

3 Likes

Hi dmu
You asked for further info on the MF LS3/5A well ….

Initially I thought they were really nice - detailed, nice smooth vocals and bass which although not really low was great for the size of speaker! Certain things were coming through that I’d not previously noticed all the usual hifi things. Then I noticed something missing - on a track where there was a real sense of a drummer seemingly enjoying himself plenty of PRAT etc - it just wasn’t there - the cymbals were very much in the background it felt flat for want of a better phrase. Don’t get me wrong they do a lot of things very well but when I put my monitor audio’s back in the rhythm too came back - so for me it’s back to the drawing board!

Proac DB1’s next on trial hopefully.

2 Likes

I’m doing a short demo of the db1’s and some other Proac’s next week.

1 Like

Brilliant - please let me know how you get on?

2 Likes

With a pair of T3 sub hiding behind the Allae

10 Likes

You know it makes sense…

10 Likes

I reckon you’re on PMC’s payroll?

:wink:

Tho I must admit you may be right?

:+1:

DB1’s first tho!

:crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Ha ha! There are lots of good standmounts around, the trouble is, you can’t try them all.

Well……Naaaahhh.

A break in Kefalonia with a rather nice pool and a view overlooking the Ionian to Zakynthos. Near empty beaches, crystal clear sapphire waters, no traffic on the roads. Reasonable restaurant prices, peace, quiet, no mayhem, blue skies, warm sunshine but not the heatwave hitting other parts of Europe.

Clear skies at night, so much so the Milky Way arcs above your head pretty much a full 180 from the horizon.

Nice people and a relaxed way of life seemingly ingrained.

I’ve had worse.

7 Likes

24 Likes

First listen of the ND5 XS 2 that arrived @ 8:45 this morning :blush:

21 Likes

13 Likes

Temporary relocation to the Media Room to setup and test the mods down here.

14 Likes