Pics ‘From the Listening Position’

Absolutely smash it out the park concert tonight by Lo Moon at The Lexington. Band also very generous with their time afterwards.

15 Likes

I love the bookshelf/wall with the opening… and the view through. I’m sure the S-400s sound great with books behind.

(As for Bruckner, I share your feelings. As for conductors, I’ve heard many with Bruckner but after him:

everyone else is unlistenable to me.)

10 Likes

22 Likes

What are the speakers? They’re Chrome Bumper too in a way… Elegant!

1 Like

Very cheap and cheerful wharfedale diamond 220, but they will be changed for something much better

They match the Naims’ finish though… :slight_smile: 42/140?

True and they will certainly do for a while until I find a replacement. They are not too bad but they a missing an integrated drinks cabinet :joy:. I guess that was only an option available on the Dovedale speaker.

Yes a vintage 1985 42/110 from Radford HiFi Gloucester Rd Bristol that was serviced only in 2021. Boxed up for years and not used until 2021

2 Likes

My new view from my listening position :blush:

21 Likes

I think you had Dynaudio Evokes before. Was the change to Linn Keilidhs worthwhile?

1 Like

Less of a change, more of a return.
I’ve owned the Keilidh’s for close to 30 years and always loved them.
I thought they wouldn’t be up to the job of delivering the sound I was looking for from my new system and bought the Evokes after a Dealer Demo only. At the time, my own listening room was being refurbished and I had sold my old Roksan system complete with the Keilidh’s to my brother in law.
To cut a long story short, the Evokes delivered way too much Bass energy for my cabin and no amount of changes and upgrades managed to tame them.
So, I stole my Keilidh’s back from my brother in law, had them serviced and the Tweeters upgraded. Backed them up with a Rel T5/x to bring the Bass dimension up and I’ve never been happier…:blush:

6 Likes

Thanks a lot for your explanation. I was also struggling was too much bass from my Evokes 30 especially after changing my nac 202 for a 282, but recently added stack audio auva,s and this improved matters very much.

1 Like

Getting there. Some cable management and a backdrop curtain between speakers and rear wall to go.

35 Likes

Looks like you live there. I like that.

2 Likes

Many moons ago I heard Celibidache conduct Bruckner 4 in the Concertgebouw. I’m not entirely sure if it was with his Münchners or as a guest conductor to the KCO, but it was breathtakingly beautiful.

1 Like

The many times I was present at concerts or lessons, I’ve never personally heard Bruckner conducted by him. But I remember an Easter Concert in Munich in 1987, Mozart’s Requiem. At the second entry of the chorus I already had tears in my eyes. And the Lacrimosa was totally overwhelming.
The fact that he was half Pythagoras, half Buddha doesn’t exclude he was a giant musician and conductor.
Thanks for your post.

2 Likes

Nothing special … just streaming Classic FM via Roon. Low bitrate stream but for background listening ain’t bad!

43 Likes

How lucky you are!

1 Like

Hi, have you found the isoacoustics on your stands make a difference? Got the same Stand 20 and debating about getting some. Thanks!

Graham LS3/5a’s and their Custom Design stands now in situ. Happy :slightly_smiling_face:

66 Likes

Lovely room, and set up.

3 Likes