Pink Floyd "Animals" 2018 Remix - out September & October

@Nickd, just to clarify.
Would you like me to go in to see Dave and checkout the copy he’s got and report back, or do you want me to buy it and you come down and check it out for yourself on my system?
Either option is fine with me, but we are away for 4 out of the next 5 days, so the first chance I’ll get to go in to see him is next Thursday.
He has already agreed not to sell it to anyone until I tell him otherwise🙂

Hi QS, this is so incredibly good of you to extend such assistance to a complete stranger. If you could afford the time to check it out at the shop and assess it as being free of the dreaded pops, clicks and jumps that my first two efforts had I will undertake to buy it fron Dave, I assume his ticket price is the same as the generally advertised price of £57.99, plus postage of course. I would also refund any fuel costs you will incur.

Hi Nick
That’s the price of the Deluxe version. Sadly we are talking about the single album version from Dave. I don’t think he got any Deluxe copies.
Sorry to have raised your hopes, I thought from your earlier post that you just wanted a copy on Vinyl. :frowning:

Haha, that’s really funny my friend, I should have made myself somewhat clearer methinks. Never mind, I’m still very heartened by your very kind offers in the first place, it’s so nice to be in touch with obviously nice, decent people such as yourself. So we can each withdraw from this course of action as friends I hope, and if you ever need help or advice in the direction of East Yorkshire I will be only too happy to help where I can!

Thank you and I feel very foolish to have raised your hopes only to dash them on the rocks at the 11th hour. :face_with_diagonal_mouth:
I honestly hope you find a good copy and if I come across one of the deluxe sets, I will check it out and if in good order, will let you know.
Never too busy to help out like minded people in need🙂

Do not worry young man, it was good while it lasted!!

1 Like

Just messaged Dave and he’s asked if you want him to try and get you one?

Well, that’s really very kind of you both, but with the recent history of this issue I wouldn’t want to put your acquaintance to any trouble for something he wasn’t going to get into stock, there is too much risk that it would be a non-perfect copy! I think I’m going think I’m going to wait for a while and see what happens generally with this set.

1 Like

A sensible approach I believe.
Good luck that they repress/reissue the Deluxe Edition🤞🏻

1 Like

Heck, I hope so!

Like an idiot I didn’t buy the Animals LP when it first came out.
At uni at the time and being consumes by punk, Jam, sex pistols, clash, Ramones, Damned etc….
What really hurts is that my then girlfriend now wife went to see the animals tour at Wembley….
Bought the CD a few years ago but never really liked it however just listened to Dogs on Tidal and thought it sounded excellent.
Have taken the plunge and bought the Vinyl and CD versions on Amazon…. So hoping for a decent pressing….

3 Likes

:four_leaf_clover:Good Luck :crossed_fingers:t4:

2 Likes

Well least you’ll have the cd to listen to while you wait for your replacement LP to arrive.

5 Likes

@Pete_the_painter :joy::joy:

2 Likes

…then the second replacement, then the third… :laughing:

5 Likes

Still waiting for the Final Cut……

5 Likes

So the LP and Cd arrived yesterday and just giving the LP a spin….absolutely fantastic. Could not really get on with the CD remaster version I bought during lockdown….however love this one…so much better and just a lot more exciting in every dimension….
Thought I got away with the pressing as got through side 1 with no issues at all and then side two and just as Roger finished saying Mary Whitehouse got three clicks….which might go away after good clean……however I can live with those even if they don’t……so very happy with the Amazon purchase……now for the CD…:blush:

3 Likes

btw an interesting write up in this months HiFi News wrt this release. Goes into the background.

1 Like

So while I really like this remix I am finding the bass a bit woolly and slow on the sbls which is not their usual character……particularly on the opening on pigs 3…side 2 on the vinyl.
I also have the CD which is marginally better……anyone else finding the same issue?
But still really like the remix….

I have it as a WAV 24/96 file and think it sounds fantastic, I’m not sure it I like it more than my original cd but apart from a bit of side by side listening when it was released I haven’t played the cd since.

2 Likes