Pink Floyd "Animals" 2018 Remix - out September & October

That’ll make the buggers eyes water!

2 Likes

Sorry not to join the love in.
Nowt to do with vinyl but I have just listened to this for a second time, streamed hires. To me it is harsh and headache inducing poor remix of the original. Not for me at all.

1 Like

With rain on forecast tomorrow the bike ride ain’t going to happen so i’ll have time to connect up my 2nd system (upstairs) and spin it on the Rega Planar 3 with AT95E

Should tell me what i want to know, my original copy purchased in 1978 was enjoyed on my original Planar 3 ironically with the dogs cart - K9…

3 Likes

Very constructive. You could be a diplomat.

6 Likes

I heard the Analogue Productions SACD yesterday evening and preferred it to the 24/192 download or Blu-ray.

1 Like

Thank you. That’s kind.

Don’t mention it. The kindness is clearly all from you.

Animals was one of my first albums that I bought as a kid, I think Zep 4 was my actual first. No hi fi of course, just a Bush all in one turntable to play my 45s. Anyway, I mention this as Animals has remained one of my favourite albums of all time. I find the remix thrilling, full of stuff previously buried in the mix. It may be one of the last albums I get on vinyl too now that I stream. Fingers crossed I get a clean copy for the Linn. Wonderful stuff.

3 Likes

Now now, children, play nicely.

Just played my copy and I am very disappointed to report a visible flaw in the vinyl producing crackle & loud pops on Side 1 on Pigs on the Wing.
Side 2 starts with crackle for a minute or so then halfway through Sheep my stylus sticks and won’t proceed.
Such a shame as what I was able to listen to sounded fantastic. A great remix ruined by an awful pressing.
I see from others reviews that the Side 1 issue on Pigs on the Wing seems to be commonplace.
I will return my copy and hope they do a proper repress.

1 Like

I just got a replacement copy from the local record shop. I returned the first bad copy (nick on side 1, track 1) to Amazon. I’m happy to report that my local shop version is nick and pop free, sounds very good.

1 Like

Waiting for my SACD to come… wish it were here (geddit?):

2 Likes

Just like sheep we all bought the vinyl cos they said it was the dogs, however it’s turned out to be a pig of a pressing…

16 Likes
2 Likes

Oh, very good!

1 Like

I’ve listened to my replacement copy so many times this past week the clicks and pops have become integral to the new mix - I now anticipate them. But ultimately unacceptable. This LP is going back tomorrow and I’ll resume the hunt for a clean version.

1 Like

So… Nick has a Vertere MG1/SG1 setup…

1 Like

I’m still reeling from the fact that he produced The Damned after ‘Animals’ was released. Is there a Rat Scabies connection?

Apparently - and rather naively - they wanted Syd Barrett to do it, reached out to PF management and got Nick instead!

1 Like