Polite Request - please stop hoarding your Naim Gear

Sorry @Richard.Dane :innocent:

1 Like

In 3000 years from now, archaeologists will discover my naim olive gear in my burial chamber room next to my sarcophagus.

8 Likes

Picture of said sarcophagus.

1 Like

Reading this makes me want to cry. Such great kit in lofts collecting dust!

Could be worse though. A few weeks ago I did a clear-out which involved a trip to the local recycling centre. The ‘small electricals’ container had what looked like a pair of PMC DB1’s right at the bottom. Asked someone working there if I could dig them out and was told absolutely not…

I think we’ve all had a clearout recently. I’ve dug out my very old digital cameras, and an old 35mm underwater once used camera, and nearly all now sold on, even one sold just for parts. I do it more to ensure they get to be used again, rather than for the money. It’s very satisfying.

They’ll then send it off to Salisbury for servicing, where Naim are getting near the end of their stocks of 20th century resistors.

4 Likes

Speaking of used Naim gear, there’s a Statement set on that auction site right now. They’ve actually got the cheek to be asking for £100 on top for postage :rofl:

1 Like

Yes, that really makes it overpriced now. I might have been interested otherwise.

I bet they had large loft hatch!

Fully rebuilt by Naim 6 months ago… heavens :flushed:

Guilty I have a spare AV2 and three DVD5’s and spare transports

I sold a nait 2 for 92 quid 20 years ago, wish I had that in my loft right now.

1 Like

£92 then will be worth more now, and I suppose it also depends on what you did with that money. An upgrade, a few nights out with wonderful memories, which you can’t put a price on

£92 then is worth £164 now. Nait 2’s are selling for a lot more than that now. Wish I had a few to sell.

Last CB Nait 2 went for over £1,000 on that popular auction site.

I confess to having my CDS2/CDPS sitting in boxes for the past few years, I meant to sell it but a bit inexperienced in eBay etc. Oh yes and a UnitiQute, almost forgot that!

And a few reasons for silly prices.

Shops not open
Bored people at home who have disposable income
30 year rule appeal.

I just hope these items go to people who appreciate them rather than people who want to resell.

Also people are waiting longer for delivery of their new Naim gear since Covid, so their old Naim gear doesnt get moved on

I love mine before I went to digital! Now all I’m left with is a UntiLite and 2 five meter fund of A5. Suitable offers on the former not showing on a certain site so it sits on the bottom of a shelf having made looking pretty my that place in Salisbury!
I’d hate to think what what I sold over the years including my 135s.

CDI with a duff transport, Flatcap 2 and a significant number of SNAICs

Even duff stuff sells as parts only