• Fear Inoculum Tool
  • Thanks for the Dance Leonard Cohen
  • Up in Smoke Ese and the Vooduu People
  • NFR Lana Del Ray

0 voters

4 Likes

[pedant mode] itā€™s Lana Del REy [/pedant mode] :grinning:

Sorry, spelling was never my strong point. :grin:

Chose Beth, but I am missing a lot of what I would regard bestā€¦, so it should be named, most liked out of this list :slight_smile:

Sorry my best album isnā€™t there either, but the list was based on likes other wise it would have been several pages long.

1 Like

Pete - I have a big downer on end of year best of lists. What purpose does it serve other than alerting people to new albums they may not have heard - irrespective of whether those albums are any good? My fave for 2019 isnā€™t included in that list - but that means nothing. Both Nick Cave and Bruce Springsteen have recorded far superior albums than those in this 2019 list. All these lists seem to denote therefore, is the diminishing quality of songwriting in ā€œpopularā€ music.

Agreed - itā€™s ā€˜GHosteenā€™ too :grinning:

2 Likes

Some people seem to have missed the point of the original thread. Itā€™s not critics choice or even best album, itā€™s your (members) favourite album. Critics choice and most popular are often miles apart. The list was generated by members nominations and likes in the original thread. As per my post above my ā€œbestā€ album of the year isnā€™t on the list either but my favourite album is (the one Iā€™ve played the most). Also I donā€™t remember seeing any nominations from you so itā€™s a bit rich to complain now.

Feel free to start a new thread based on your criteria.

4 Likes

Ha, Iā€™ve struggled with dyslexic all my life. Youā€™ve only had to endure the odd spelling mistake spare a thought for Mrs Pete. You can only imagine how difficult driving was for us before sat nav and heads up display.

1 Like

If you donā€™t like the lists there is an easy solution ā€“ donā€™t read the thread. There are other people like me who find this interesting.

5 Likes

My god some of you guys are a picky lot. Think Iā€™ll just stick to pets, cricket, wine (beer) and what are you playing now threads in future.

You get my vote for Saint Peteā€¦should not be that difficult to nominate a favourite album

4 Likes

Thanks for your support I wonā€™t be so stupid next year. Cheers.

2 Likes

Sorry this year :scream:

I find it interesting. Iā€™ve no interest in what critics say, but a simple list that alerts me to albums others think are really good encourages me to have a listen. Although it didnā€™t make the list, I did discover Psych Lemon from the original thread and glad I did. Who knows, I might even give Springsteen another try and at last understand his appeal: Iā€™d like to as a friend who met him said heā€™s one of the nicest artists he has ever met.

1 Like

Now Itā€™s a new thread, can I vote for Ese again?

:smiling_imp:

1 Like

Yes. The original was only to get a short list.

1 Like

If you voted in the poll before it was moved I donā€™t think so, if was only ā€œlikesā€ yes. Sorry.

Yippee ki ayā€¦ :cowboy_hat_face:

My wife and I both vote Ese and The Vooduu Peopleā€¦so itā€™s two votes, reallyā€¦(evil grin)

Thanks for all this @Pete_the_painter. Itā€™s fun!

2 Likes

Not cheating, honestā€¦ :lying_face:

2 Likes