Premier League 2024-2025

Thought that’d get a response :rofl::rofl:

Pretty much every global business is divided into many different companies which trade assets between themselves, often this is working to the machinations of their domestic tax regime. SOP.

Can’t see why this acceptable in say cloud computing, oil, finance and brewing but not sports.

Even if I do rate the current Chelsea owners somewhere beneath a sewer.

I would imagine, given the time line and the circumstances of the sale, the legal team already have this covered.

I hadn’t so congratulations :sunglasses: Looking forward to your Chelsea banter after our first match at home to the current Champions.

At which point, owning up will be very much in their favour

1 Like

Great, we already get your cast off referees, now you want to send us your state owned football clubs. Next it will be your passion killing VAR thing. The European Super League can’t come soon enough.

3 Likes

There’s been a glut of bets placed recently. 98% of them by desperate Ar$e fans.

2 Likes

Very funny

David I’ll be cheering you on!

1 Like

Toney relapse?

2 Likes

Agree with that. The sooner the self-entitled teams buqqer off to play with themselves in Europe, the sooner the rest of us can get on with enjoying our football.

Oh yeah, and will you take that bunch of overpaid TV pundits with you.

5 Likes

I’d love an option to turn off the commentary but retain the crowd noise for ambience.
Half time is for getting some grub into you. Pundits before, during and after are completely unnecessary imo.

3 Likes

American commentators on MLS games really try my patience. It’s not so much the people themselves as the apparent directive to avoid silence; that means we get a constant stream of repetitive gibberish. The Spanish language broadcasts are slightly better, apart from the gooooooool BS.

Whether we’re watching MLS, "E"PL or SPFL, we mute pundits pre, post and halftime.

1 Like

Seems Chelsea is now a manager farm for the US national teams. Cheers Todd.

2 Likes

Same on Polish TV. Don’t know when to shut up.
Plus the need to say ‘Lewandowski’ at least 10 times during the game… irrespective of who is playing who and the fact he isn’t a player of either team !!

1 Like

I think Spurs have a big disciplinary problem with Bissouma.

It’s not a laughing matter.

5 Likes

So. United 3 points clear at the top.
Where are you @keanoking ?

3 Likes

Lordy, that was a poor game. Man Utd probably deserved to win but some terrible passing all around, poor finishing and generally both teams looked like they hadn’t even bothered with pre-season friendlies. Good to see some bookings for clear diving and dissent.

The commentator (Arlo?) was really annoying, after the goal you would have thought Man Utd had been an irresistible force of attacking football.

I am sure Man Utd will be better than last year but that team isn’t going to strike fear into the title contenders or even some of the European hopefuls.

I also read that Enzo Maresca has asked for patience at Chelsea. He does know their track record of firing managers doesn’t he?

Hopefully we will get better games over the weekend. I am looking forward to Villa vs West Ham, Chelsea vs Man City and of course, the mighty Mags vs Southampton

3 Likes

Agreed very average game hopefully things will improve.

1 Like

It’s time for Newcastle to walk away from the Guehi deal. The way that chancer Parrish has played the deal out in public means they don’t deserve our money. Move on to a new target and let Guehi’s value wane.

That leaves us with this first team of 11 internationals, which is more than good enough.

Pope
Livramento
Schar
Botman
Hall
Joelinton
Bruno
Tonali
Gordon
Isak
Barnes

Anyway, I’m off to the pub to meet the boys. Enjoy your season, everyone out there. :black_heart::white_heart:

4 Likes