Premier League 2024-2025

Quite liked this one

1 Like

No sour grapes then Andy! The fact is everyone knows that your defence is weak and you really need a decent CB. SP isn’t a chancer, he’s a businessman. A small wager that you cough up for the full price?

1 Like

He’s a chancer. Going public on the deal to try and entice a ‘big team’ in. He’s a good player, but the limit of his valuation has been reached. I do think the deal will get done, but Parrish has made himself look foolish here, and getting bent over on the price does not sit well with me. You can keep him, as I think you might need him more than we do. As always @crispyduck time will tell :black_heart::white_heart:

You may not like his negotiation tactics but if he manages to extract £70m out of you, ‘foolish’ wouldn’t be the first word to spring to mind :rofl:

5 Likes

Where am I? I’m top of the league fella!

Atb
Kk

1 Like

I thought it was a good game but that was probably the Spanish air and the 10 pints of Guinness.

Atb
Kk

3 Likes

Not any more :wink:

2 Likes

Go on the Superseagulls.

Well that was chastening at Portman Road. Held up first half and could even have been ahead but Liverpool went up a gear after - the range of passing and the pace and angles of runners up front was just too much, how do you mark Salah?

Interestingly 7 of Town’s League 1 side played today and unsurprisingly it showed the gulf in class. Hopefully we will integrate the new signings over the next few weeks.

1 Like

An assist and a goal for Burkayo Saka and a first goal of the season for Kai Havertz. A typical first game not completely dominant but a clean sheet and 3 points.

Only 37 more days of agony to go

Well today’s games (the two that I watched anyway) weren’t exactly festivals of exciting football and my critique of the Man Utd carried forward.

Newcastle didn’t start very well today but then had to battle hard after the sending off. Schar was always going to see a red card for the movement of his head, although to be fair, I thought Diaz did much the same motion. What was totally unacceptable was the way Diaz reacted in falling to the floor. I hate to see play acting from anyone and let’s be honest, all teams have players who like to “embellish” but that was just ridiculous.

That said, to play for >60 mins, take the lead and hang on for 3 points will probably galvanize the team more than an easy 3:0 romp in the park would have done. So take the 3 points and start the long travel to Bournemouth for the next game.

I was also hoping for more from West Ham vs Villa. It was better than the Newcastle game but that set a pretty low bar. The Hammers were quite disappointing and were way too passive without the ball. Antonio was very poor and I was hoping to see Fullkrug on from the start. After TheKevster “made” me watch that 14 minute video of why he was a good buy, I was all in for him! He’s even in my fantasy team for now.

Big blow for Forest, Danilo could be a major loss for them. Good solid starts for Arsenal, Liverpool and Brighton

So on to tomorrow’s games. I love getting a good fill of footy on the opening weekend while everyone is still so optimistic for the new season…

Just got home. Another year in the madhouse…

5 Likes

It was a disappointing performance, with the likes of Antonio, Bowen and Paqueta very poor, but it’s early days still. If we are still playing like that at Xmas I will start to worry. But Villa are a very good team - probably better than us so maybe the result wasn’t too much of a surprise.

I rhink J-Lo was perhaps too cautious, playing too many of the “old” players, making subs too late and starting too many established players. It was a bit Moyesball 2.0.

But Summerville looked fantastic when he came on.

I liked the look of Ipswich today especially first half I thought they defended really well against some top level forward play and but for a very good save would have scored today. So well done.

I spoke to a couple of Seagulls supporters at work last week who where very pessimistic about yesterdays fixture and I told them they would come away with the points. Everton will miss Onana this season he’s a player I’d have loved at Arsenal and though Dyche would have got his Everton side very, very fit and up for the fight they are open to a fast counter.

Man Utd look not very different to last season in my opinion the new right back looks very much like Aaron Wan-Bissaka good defensively but not great going forward and I also remember Man U fans getting hyped up over another Dutch forward who scored on his debut against Arsenal a couple of seasons back.

I thought West Ham where a bit unlucky not to get a draw at the end but lots of changes and a new manager will take a little while to take shape and properly bed in I think though that once they do West Ham have a lot of potential this season and could do very well.

Also bar a couple of mistakes Southampton looked pretty good and deserved a bit more from their game against Newcastle a draw at least but how is that a sending off when Kai Havertz being pinned to the ground by his throat not even a yellow, Jesus getting his bum felt up by the same player was quite funny though.

Oooh…Sterling dumped. Good start😉

…and he’s not happy about it either!

Very odd Chelsea set up. All defenders and attackers, no proper midfield, yet we’re trying to pick our way through the entire Man City team!

Enzo looking as clueless as he did for most of last season, Jackson looking lively but not getting the ball, Nkunku promising, Cucurella playing like a Euros winner.

Edit: Aaaand Jackson’s offside again…

Most highly rated comment on BBC’s HYS after Brentford v Palace game:

“Ivan Toney, welcome to Stamford Bridge, squad number 116 and please use dressing room C.”

:wink::joy::rofl:

5 Likes

We could use someone with his level of football intelligence to work with Nkunku, Gusto and Palmer, Lavia it seems too. However, I believe he’s off to Saudi, no?