Premier League 2024-2025

So, Chelsea trying to force Sterling out. But if he has a three year contract on £300k a week what’s to stop him just picking his nose and pay cheque to deliberately stick it to them?

Nothing in theory, although he would no doubt be benched and not see any regular playing time, which would make him an unattractive purchase post contract. Although on that money, who cares?
He could terminate the contract if he can demonstrate a just cause, eg, not being played at all.
Chelsea would struggle to show just cause if they sought to terminate.

Indeed. He and the others aren’t in the 25 man squad so presumably all they do is train and play some reserve games. Yes end of career but if you could be paid £300k per week for the next three years what would you do :rofl:

Plus ca change…

Yes, I wouldnt lose sleep over it to be honest.

Good player your team is taking off Palace imo…

1 Like

Indeed - big loss for us

2 Likes

Yes, be good to have him back. He was loaned to SW6 in 20/21 from Lyon IIRC. Played well.

Hopefully gets finalised tomorrow so he can be available for Saturday’s game v LCFC.

I ofcourse will be there to see!

2 Likes

“Ben Chilwell has been offered to ManU”

Really? So we have too many decent left sided players and full backs do we?

And where exactly is Felix going to play? Who’s left out to play a gifted but often ineffectual player?

Shambles.

1 Like

Omnishambles

2 Likes

Spurs have won something!!!

4 Likes

Half an hour in and the mighty Servette have 4 shots compared to Chelsea’s total of, er…nil.

Absolute sh1tshow of a shambles of c0ck.

Omnic0ck.

1 Like

On the positive side, they should get to half time all square

You’re right. They made it.

Ugh. Almost as if you put a bunch of players on the pitch, who have never played together before.

I picked three correct numbers in Euromillions on Tuesday, more than I picked for our starters last night.

Good job Nkunku can take a pen (and blow a balloon) and thx for Madueke once again showing he’s under rated amongst the bigger names in the club. So we’ll probably sell him and buy another overpriced ‘talent’ or 13 more South American under 16s that no-one else wants to pay for.

But, but, Jamie, tell me what’s really bothering you ?..

Just jestin’ My sympathies with the mess. After all, I should know what it’s like, with my lot…

Super Seagulls one up against United!

Well played the Super Seagulls.

Tough game. United were passing better than us. Press a very high line: as shown with 2 disallowed offside goals.

Draw would have been fair, other than last 20 mins when our subs made difference.

Fun day in the rain. And big advantage with a 1230 KO is that I’ve now had 2 hours in the pub and the sun is now shining :grinning::beer:

6 Likes