Premier League 2024-2025

Chelsea supporters everywhere will be looking forward to going to work tomorrow morning for the first time in a while as despite all of the going’s on at The Bridge they have a six goal win to return fire with.

As good as they can be going forward Chelsea need to shore up that defence though but no doubt Todd B can produce another couple of hundred mill out of that bottomless hat.

I can see them going back in for Guehi on that performance. While it will take a huge chunk of £££ I just don’t think they can afford another season without strengthening the back line.

Tbf, I think Wolves let us have that. I couldn’t watch the game but apparently we scored three identical goals in less than 15 minutes!

Good effort by Brentford but in the end a side missing Toney can only watch enviously as Liverpool bring on Gakpo and Nunez as subs. Magnificent breakaway goal for Liverpool to get the ball rolling. Good start for Slot.

2 Likes

I actually watched the game and going forward you where pretty decent especially Noni Madueke who is a player I’d take at my club every day of the week, yes Wolves are a bit weak in defence but you don’t score six goals away from home in the Premier League every week.

If Maresca can tighten up your midfield and your defence then you will be up the top half of the table challenging for a European place again this season.

Although Madueke continuing the fine Chelsea tradition of really stupid media posts (see Enzo). Perhaps Maresca needs to introduce some training in the safe use of ‘social medias’

3 Likes

Liverpool looking good under AS.

I thought Anfield looked ‘‘muted’’ yesterday

The inevitable consequence of building a global brand and drawing the crowd from the globe?

To be fair, I didn’t find anything in his post to disagree with.

That wasn’t the stupid bit. It was posting it before he visited Wolverhampton which guarantees a hostile reaction from home fans and Wolves players (which was very evident) and potentially puts visiting Chelsea fans at risk. Durrr

And telling people that their home town is sh*t is just plain rude (whether true or not)

Famously knowledgeable fans, according to custom, tradition and cliché. They were studying the new approach before delivering a verdict, which seemed to come in the second half.

They definitely looked more modern; the roles given to Mac Allister and Szoboszlai were fascinating; the ability to track back quickly is much improved when not everyone is charging forward all the time. Watch out for The Slot Machine.

It looks very much like Eddie Nketia is off to Crystal Palace in a deal worth £25 million plus £5 million in add ons. With the permanently injured Gabriel Jesus again looking at 6 - 8 weeks out with a groin injury as Arteta said yesterday we are looking a bit short hopefully this sale can help fund a move for an attacker.

Scuse ignorance, but what is an add on when talking transfer fees?

It’s often conditional on performance. For example the seller might say, “you can have the guy/girl for £20 today (perhaps based on an expectation of, say, 10-15 goals per season), but if he/she scores 30 goals in the season then you’ll pay us another £5.”

1 Like

And if he/she gets selected for England and his/her subsequent transfer value rises , the former club (I believe) gets a share

Yes as Ian and suzywong have explained add ons are performance based extra fees to the selling club from the buying club.

Finally it’s official Mikel Merino is an Arsenal player another 6’ 2" plus powerful player added to our already very, very strong squad.

Mikel is a left sided midfielder capable of playing either in a defensive No6 position or further up the pitch as a Number 8 and should fit perfectly with either Declan, Tomas, Martin Odegaard or Jorginho.

Both Arsenal and Chelsea are said to be preparing bids for Brentford’s Ivan Toney.

A genuinely decent prospect for either club. And for him a ‘better’ option to take either ahead of a Saudi move I think. For all the churning over the past few weeks, he’s one I do want us to sign. I do think a front three of Toney, Palmer and Madueke would be rather nice.

Clearly his arrival would knock Jackson back down the order, which is a shame, but needs must…