Premier League 2024-2025

Although Ivan Toney would give you an excellent attack but Chelsea really need to sort their defence and their midfield out too.

Midfield sorts itself out when we drop Enzo

Agree re Enzo, Lavia way better. Actual defenders so far are playing a lot better than last season, Forfana and Colwill (who I thought was just ok last season) are looking better and with time should (:crossed_fingers:) form a good partnership . The challenge is how EM sets them up. At stages in the Wolves game we only had two players in defensive positions (F&C)!

Thankyou for the replies re add ons.
Grateful.

Sterling to Man U?. God no!

2 Likes

Please. Yes!

2 Likes

Lol

Jadon Sancho on his way to Juventus and Frederico ChIesa leaving Juventus and going to the Mickey Mousers.

Please Toney and not Osimhen

2 evenly matched teams there, which is odd given Newcastle’s money, separated by penalties in which Forest seemed to think they were playing Rugby League rather than football. AFC Wimbledon & Wycombe keeping the spirit of the cup alive. Now the draw goes crazy as the big clubs join in & are kept apart (protected). Football’s lost its way.

1 Like

Aaron Ramsdale is off to Southampton for £18 million potentially rising to £25 million with add ons.

A really good deal for all parties Aaron is an excellent keeper and needs to be playing so that he can replace Pickford at the next World Cup.

Arsenal are moving forward with the signing of Joan Garcia from Espanyol who where promoted back to La Liga this season, Garcia also won Olympic Gold with Spain in Paris this Summer.

Arsenal also signed England’s U21 goal keeper Tommy Setford from Ajax earlier in the window after we loaned out our usual U21 keeper Estonian Karl Hein to Real Valladolid who by a weird coincidence made his La Liga debut against Joan Garcia’s Espanyol and kept a clean sheet unfortunately his next game came in the Madrid derby against Real where he conceded 3 goals.

1 Like

In this years Carabao cup Spurs have drawn Coventry who came very close to knocking FA Cup winners Man U out at the semi final stage, Man Utd will be taking on Barnsley in a cracking Lancashire v Yorkshire derby.

Arsenal have drawn old bogey team Bolton who under big Sam used to cause us lots of problems and in some all PL fixtures Liverpool v West Ham, Everton v Southampton and BHA v Wolves. Chelsea have Barrow at the Bridge a brilliant fixture for the League 2 side.

Chelsea could be in trouble with UEFA for breaching the European governing body’s Financial Fair Play Rules the club where able to not only plug a £200 million financial hole but also carry on spending huge sums by selling two hotels, it’s woman’s football team and it’s training ground to a sister company another loophole that the Premier League failed to close before Chelsea exploited it.

Unfortunately for Chelsea Uefa has no such loophole in it’s laws and doesn’t allow such shadey financial shenanigans an independent body will look into the affair and any punishment will be applied next season and won’t affect the current Uefa Conference League campaign.

Hmmm…So we prefer Sanchez, a keeper who perennially looks to me like an accident waiting to happen, to Kepa who was initially quite shaky when he joined us a few years ago but after being coached by Petr Cech has became quite decent imo, so we loan him to Bournemouth? Go figure.

At least he’s become a decent pick for FFL.

Edit: And Petrovic who was pretty solid for us in the last season and kept Sanchez out, has been sent to Strasbourg. Bizarre.

I hope he understands that the ball is supposed to go in a forward direction, and not another devotee of side-to-side pi$$ around in the box until…….oops!

2 Likes

Right, Lukaku’s gone for £30 Mil. Can we have Toney now please…

Are lfc going to let Salah go for a free at the end of season when they could have had £150m last summer?

Arsenal Champions League matches are

PSG
Inter Milan
Atalanta
Girona
Shaktar
Dinamo Kiev
Sporting CP
Monaco

Not too bad.

What a muddle this new CL format looks. Must confess that my interest in the competition is waning and I’ve not once regretted ditching the BT/TNT subscription (which was a rip-off). At risk of being accused of being a dinosaur, I’d happily go back to the European Cup ie only the champions of each European league get to enter and its knockout all the way to the final. I’d even tolerate the ties over 2 legs. Sigh…

6 Likes

Yeh, the competition is a joke. That’s probably why my team opted out of playing in it this season.

4 Likes